The MT-07 Forum

my stock headlight bulb is not working

mike9999

Noticed tonight that I had no headlights, but my high beam still works. Pulled the bulb and sure enough one of the filaments is gone. Anyone else encounter this? I only have 3900km on my bike, that's a just bit over 2000 miles.

What's a good alternative to stock bulbs?

PearlWhiteFZ

My headlight just went out last weekend (I have 13K). I ended up getting the best H4 bulb from auto parts store. So far there is some better difference in lighting.

• Global Moderator
Noticed tonight that I had no headlights, but my high beam still works. Pulled the bulb and sure enough one of the filaments is gone. Anyone else encounter this? I only have 3900km on my bike, that's a just bit over 2000 miles. 
What's a good alternative to stock bulbs?

I've had the same issue but noticed it was the fuse that blew, not the bulb. I replaced mine with the @Cyclops H4 LED bulb.... couldnt have made a better choice

@fooschnickens put up an detailed review
in this thread
http://fz07.org/thread/1897/cyclops-bulb-system-update-installed

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
My headlight just went out last weekend (I have 13K). I ended up getting the best H4 bulb from auto parts store. So far there is some better difference in lighting.
Mine went out after a few thousand did the same thing went to the auto store. 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

As stated above.....drop the $60 on a Cyclops, its better than some random replacement, it will last longer and is at least twice as bright.

I recommend LED. Some people say they have a problem with the light pattern put on the road that this LED puts out but I don't have a problem with it and it's very bright. I think they said it's good for like 30,000 hours. It's not cheap but then again, your life is priceless. It's very bright, even a blind person could see the light.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

Beemer

• Premium Member
I recommend LED. Some people say they have a problem with the light pattern put on the road that this LED puts out but I don't have a problem with it and it's very bright. I think they said it's good for like 30,000 hours. It's not cheap but then again, your life is priceless. It's very bright, even a blind person could see the light. 

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html
Just don't forget to use the forum discount. I believe it is just "fz-07" 

As a blind man, I'm very offended by that comment.
Sorry, I didn't know. >:D How stupid of me! I'm nominating you for the "MOTORCYCLE RIDER OF THE MILLENNIUM" award ... I hope that helps smooth things over.

Beemer

• Premium Member

What? I can't hear you. How am I supposed to read your response off I'm blind. Wait, hour am I typing this?! OMG it's a miracle! I can type blind!

fooschnickens

Most of the output pattern issues were solved with the spacers they now include with the kits. It took out the annoying "notch" that appeared at the top and focused things much better, removed almost all the little fliers I saw originally. 

What? I can't hear you. How am I supposed to read your response off I'm blind. Wait, hour am I typing this?! OMG it's a miracle! I can type blind!
Hallelujah! Try making some wine now, you never know!

Beemer

• Premium Member

FEK my light bulb went out again ..... time to upgrade

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

As a blind man, I'm very offended by that comment.
I used to know this girl with a handicap plate on her car. Her handicap is she's legally blind. Always bugged me. If her vision is so bad that it's a handicap, how can she drive? 

Archived