The MT-07 Forum

Step by step how to lower and do it right?

hitman21988

When I had a 1" lowering link on my bike it rode much stiffer and harsh. That's why I sent it back. The Wilbers lowering shock is very close to the ride quality of stock with the exception of better ride control. Just saying.

modmaster

When I had a 1" lowering link on my bike it rode much stiffer and harsh. That's why I sent it back. The Wilbers lowering shock is very close to the ride quality of stock with the exception of better ride control. Just saying. 
modmaster

Yes I can see why, the longer arm of the lowering bell crank would give the shock more leverage over the swing arm, as if you installed a stiffer spring and or more compression damping and would also result in slightly less total wheel travel. I made a hvy plastic bell crank with the top arm 1/2" shorter than stock ( 3.5" vs. 4.0") which with the shock length at 310mm (stock) gives me the 3/4" rear lift I was looking for and better than 6" of wheel travel with the shock having less leverage over the swing arm so like going to a softer spring and or less compression. I'm now making an alloy version to test out whether or not I like the direction this is going. 

Archived