The MT-07 Forum

Clear turn signal lenses

googletx

It's not just the lense, the clear ones have a different size so you have to replace the full turn signal unit. Unless there is an aftermarket version.

• Global Moderator

You basically have two choices. Buy after market ones or try and find European Yamaha ones. But you will have to replace the whole thing.

Some prefer LED ones. If you do too, there are a lot of options out there. Even Yamaha offers them. It is a bit of work, but totally worth the effort. Anything is better then having 4 Cantaloupes hanging off your bike.

Here's a write-up on how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that is a massive let down! I was really hoping it would be an easy lens swap. I might just have to patient and hope that someone comes out with aftermarket clear lenses. Thanks for the link to the awesome write up!!!

• Global Moderator

I am hoping for an aftermarket clear lens too. I will wait a while and if it does not happen I might do the LED's.

• Global Moderator
I am hoping for an aftermarket clear lens too. I will wait a while and if it does not happen I might do the LED's.
Just so you know, the lens and the reflector are one piece. The bulb screws into the reflector. 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/lens.jpg

Because they are oversized, I noticed that they tend to wiggle while riding. Look at the difference in size. The top one is the original Yamaha stalk. The orange one it the one they choose to use  for NA.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/IMG_1062.jpg

• Global Moderator

Well drat. Thanks for the info Guru. I guess I will not be doing after market clear lenses then. I will have to do the LED's. It will have to wait a bit until my wife forgets how much I have spent so far :).

• Premium Member
Well drat. Thanks for the info Guru. I guess I will not be doing after market clear lenses then. I will have to do the LED's. It will have to wait a bit until my wife forgets how much I have spent so far :).
I found a guy on Ebay selling the fender eliminator with all 4 turn signals for $75, just a heads up. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-4T-S-/351140963608?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c1a1e518&vxp=mtr

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

that ebay one i would not touch with my worst enemy's hands

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

Why is that? One of a forum member just purchased and installed that with no problem.

• Premium Member
Very curious on why?

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

The eBay seller has 31735 feedback scores (!!) and is top rated plus. Usually a good indication that it's safe to buy from him.

Archived