The MT-07 Forum

Fall Pumpkin Run, October 18, Angeles Crest Highway

tanner68

Our last group ride was a moderate success. The last ride was ten riders, with eight mounted on FZ07s. Riders who were on it and riders who missed it have indicated we should do it again. Late October sounds good. Looking forward to cool weather and great road conditions. 

Let's do the usual route in reverse this time. Meet up at the Shell Gas Station in Tujunga, at Oro Vista and Foothill (There is a 7-11 there too for any last minute needs.). We will ride up Big Tujunga, then Sierra Highway, and then cut over on Upper Big Tujunga to ACH. Then we will eat at Newcombs Ranch. From NR, we will ride to Islip Saddle, and then turn around and ride all the way down to the La Canada Shell at the base of Highway 2. 

Not counting individual travel distance, the organized ride is almost 90 miles of canyon twisties, with a high point over 7,000 feet at Cloudburst Summit. We will be down and finished with the ride by about 1330. 

Meet at the the Shell Station in Tujunga at 0930 on Sunday, October 18. And plan on rolling out by 0945. 

• Global Moderator

Damn... that moves my deadline up a bit....
i need to get my bike torn down and sent off asap
I'll do my best to make it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I'm definitely planning on this one!!! Anyone mind if I bring a buddy? He's on a MV Agusta Brutale 800 tho...

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
I'll be out in LA for that weekend

• Global Moderator

Can i get an address for the meetup location... im going to be coming from LAX

• Premium Member

Hey everyone, looks like I can make it! Gonna bring a buddy on his MV AGusta Dragster 800 so I have some company on the way down there.

Thing is, we're both going to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals in Las Vegas the night of the 17th, so in order to meet you guys at the meet up location on the other side of Newcoms' Ranch, we'd have to leave at O'dark thirty, which is prob not too safe considering we'll have zero sleep.

What I'd like to do, is just meet up at Newcomb's Ranch, and then do the rest of the ride with you guys...

You guys willing to meet us there? Any idea of when you'd actually be at Newcombs'. If you can nail down a good window of time when you'll be there I'll use that to calculate when we have to leave Las Vegas...

Please let me know :)

- Paulie

Hey everyone, looks like I can make it! Gonna bring a buddy on his MV AGusta Dragster 800 so I have some company on the way down there. 
Thing is, we're both going to the Monster Energy Supercross Finals in Las Vegas the night of the 17th, so in order to meet you guys at the meet up location on the other side of Newcoms' Ranch, we'd have to leave at O'dark thirty, which is prob not too safe considering we'll have zero sleep.

What I'd like to do, is just meet up at Newcomb's Ranch, and then do the rest of the ride with you guys...

You guys willing to meet us there? Any idea of when you'd actually be at Newcombs'. If you can nail down a good window of time when you'll be there I'll use that to calculate when we have to leave Las Vegas...

Please let me know :)

- Paulie
Hey man, did you know ACH is closed at Islip Saddle? Hopefully it will be open by the 18th. We will be at NR by 11am. But if they don't open up ACH at IS, it likely isn't worthwhile for you guys. 
Search Hwy 2....
http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

Forecast for rain on ACH this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:91011.1.99999

So we will keep an eye on the weather, and may have to postpone. If anyone is up for adventure riding, and wants to go up to NR under inclement conditions, I am down.

Edit: The forecast is looking better this afternoon, as compared to this morning. I'll keep checking. Planning on riding for now. 

• Premium Member

Last look, rain cancelled for this weekend. Monday is too soon to make a decision.

• Global Moderator
Forecast for rain on ACH this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:91011.1.99999

So we will keep an eye on the weather, and may have to postpone. If anyone is up for adventure riding, and wants to go up to NR under inclement conditions, I am down.

Edit: The forecast is looking better this afternoon, as compared to this morning. I'll keep checking. Planning on riding for now. 

Riding in the rain hasnt ever bothered me... CA rains arent really all that bad compared to Arizona monsoons even if we do get drizzled on a bit
Im still gonna be out there that weekend visiting family in LA so im still down to rude on sunday

• Premium Member

Right now its only showing a 20% chance according to Yahoo Weather. With that percentage you probably won't see anything. Sometimes with that percentage it usually doesn't happen till later.

Archived