The MT-07 Forum

New member from AZ

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member

Howdy all! Name's Joshua and recently passed my MSC earlier this month. I have been swooning over the looks of the FZ-07 for months now! Went to the RideNow event here in Peoria yesterday and test rode one. What a blast! Looking to take the plunge at the end of October to get one.

For those who have ridden both the FZ-07 and FZ-09, can you tell me how comparable the -09 is in B mode to the -07? I have a buddy who is insistent of me getting the -09 and swears up and down the -09 in B mode is just like the -07. His reasoning is that my height/weight and inseam (6'1", 240lbs, 32" respectively) would best best suited for the -09. Personally I don't know about that. I was more than comfortable on the -07.

Also, is there any difference other than color for the FZ-07 from the 2015 to 2016 models that I should now about?

Look forward to chatting with you all and for those in the Valley of the Sun, I hope we can meet up and go for a ride someday.

-Joshua

- xCarbonSteelx

Thanks for joining our forum!

My advice is to ride a few bikes and buy the one you like. It really is that simple. Or, get the FZ07.

The FZ-09 is faster. The R-1 is even faster. How fast do you need or want to go?

Or do you just want a bike that looks cool as hell, will take you down any road, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

If the last sentence fits, buy the FZ-07, come back and become a premium member and post a million pics!

• Premium Member

I have no desire for speed. I really love how the FZ-07 looks. I'm sold on it.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome xcarbonsteelx! My hubs has an 09 and I have ridden it many times. I always put it in B mode because the thing still scares me. I can vouch that the 09 in B mode is not "just like the 07"! Both bikes have tons of power. I agree that the 07 is better looking than the 09; just compare the tail lights for one. It seems you've already made up your mind.  :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome!

As previously said, buy whatever bike fits you best, but in all honesty if you just barely passed the MSC I recommend the FZ-07. It is a great bike with all the power you would ever need and is very forgiving.

You also said you're not looking for speed, so it sounds like you made up your mind. :)

If you eventually do want speed, pay off the FZ-07 and get a FZ-09 or something else that will fit the bill. Nothing says you can only have 1 motorcycle! ;)

• Global Moderator

Hi @xcarbonsteelx, thanks for joining. As for your second question. There are no changes that I know of (apart from color) between 2015 and 2016. Choose the color you like most and take it from there. Or even better, try and get a good deal on a '15.

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude, I'm in the west valley myself... and unfortunately you just missed a Yamaha demo event at the Peoria Ridenow Powersports yesterday and today
wow.... i'm an idiot and didnt read your post correctly, sorry dude

They had the r3, fz07/9, fj09, did you ride just the 07?

I will agree with everyone else in that the fz-07 is a great bike
Im 10lbs heavier than you with the same inseam and height, and i fit the bike just fine
hell maybe i saw you down there on Friday w/o knowing it.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Sorkyah,

I was there Friday and did only ride the FZ-07. Didn't have any interest in the R3. I sat on the FJ-09 inside and didn't care for the height of it.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
Sorkyah, 
I was there Friday and did only ride the FZ-07. Didn't have any interest in the R3. I sat on the FJ-09 inside and didn't care for the height of it.
About what time were ya down there?
I rode the r3 but couldnt hit the powerband with the route they chose.

The fj09 sits about the same as the fz09 maybe a bit more upright and handling wise its a bit heavier but still a nice bike
if i were buying another bike that would be it
the fz 09 has a rather touchy throttle compared to the fz, even in b mode
but all the power is still there

I live out on the surprise/glendale border, so if you're ever up for a sunday ride let me know

• Premium Member

I was there early Friday. If you were in the 10 am riding group, then I was the one that popped a wheelie on Union Hills... And stalled twice. (New rider.)

I live near the Cardinals stadium. Once I get my motorcycle and am comfortable with it, I'm down to go riding.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

Unfortunately i was stuck in the svc dept for a few hours.... they wouldnt repair the threads they screwed up on my 12K service

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Well Ladies and Gentlemen it appears as I will be a proud owner of a 2015 glacier white -07 with an Akrapovic titanium exhaust on Sunday! I was able to talk (bug) my fiancé into letting me get one before 11/2016!

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

Awesome dude
cant wait to see you around

Theres several ofbus here in the valley just havent seen any meetups recently

Archived