The MT-07 Forum

Interesting FZ-07 based projects

Bucaro_FZ07

I found this two accounts on instagram that have very unique projects with the FZ-07, the first one https://instagram.com/apmotoarts I saw some posts around here about (if not the same) [instagram url=http://instagr.am/p/8CqtYXP49o] , but, I guess the forum will enjoy more pictures (graphics of the FZ-07R from https://instagram.com/5zero4/ ). Second one is sick too, https://instagram.com/boostitturbos they got this thing going on [instagram url=http://instagr.am/p/5qFPRJEd1z]

Hope you enjoy!

• Premium Member

The crotch rocket looks nice. The snowmobile on the other hand raises a few questions.... Is there something incorrect with the brain of the snowmobile FZ-07 owner? Or am I just out of the loop on this one.

No doubt the faux M1 looks nice and I noticed how they didn't cut or grind off the little mounting plates under the side panels they removed. With everything else going on with the bike it's barely noticeable and isn't the worst looking thing, IMO. I just may take my plate off and let my sexy innards be seen. It is a naked after all and less is more with a naked. Seen the snow-trak set-up before on FZ-07's. They have the power & torque to move it around but as someone else mentioned before, it's short on shock travel and a little on the heavy side. It's not the best choice of bikes to do that with. Looks cool as hell, though!

username   What compelled you to say, "Is there something incorrect with the brain of the snowmobile FZ-07 owner?" What bugs you so much about the snow-bike?

Beemer

Oh, hell, I just noticed, there's no fricken ski on the front, lol! Waiter, more coffee!!  :P

That may be it sitting off to the side, I'm sure they just haven't put it on yet.

Beemer

It is work in progress still for that FZ-07 Snowmobile, I think this guys work on turbos for motorcycles so more things might come for that 'snowmobile'

• Premium Member

I dig the M1 except that so much has been done to it that it's really not an FZ07 anymore. Even the swing arm has been swapped out. It's a very cool looking rat bike.

If it isn't a photoshop fake I would like to know what the forks are and how they fitted them.

Is that a different tank or just a cover.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

If it isn't a photoshop fake I would like to know what the forks are and how they fitted them. 
Is that a different tank or just a cover.

Those looked like 06+ r6 forks. Likely the whole front end with custom top bearing.

I heard there was a problem with fitting r6 forks but I can't remember what. Length of steerer tube or resulting rake/trail maybe????

I dig the M1 except that so much has been done to it that it's really not an FZ07 anymore. Even the swing arm has been swapped out. It's a very cool looking rat bike.

Im pretty sure thats the stock swingarm and all AP Motoarts does is the R6 fork swap and bodywork. Not to belittle them at all as i love it, but still an 07 imo. There is a thread in another section here talking about that bike.

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I heard there was a problem with fitting r6 forks but I can't remember what. Length of steerer tube or resulting rake/trail maybe????

I believe just a different top stem bearing is all thats required to fit it on the chassis. As to problems after that....

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

" I believe just a different top stem bearing is all thats required to fit it on the chassis. As to problems after that...."
That would be good to know . I might investigate it furthur.

If anyone is interested in what all goes into the FZ-07R project, He posted up the full list of stuff on facebook

I know the shop owner personally, as I've pitted with him at the track for the last couple years (And am getting some riser plates on my street bike at his shop afterwork today). The bike is even more beautiful in person. I'm a big fan of the work he's done on the Ninjas and SVs that make up most the fleet and the FZs that are slowly replacing them. Even if you don't care about racing or the track, I think any moto-enthusiast can appreciate his artform :)

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Is that a bespoke fairing or a modded one from something else. If it is an existing one I wouldn't mind chasing it up. I'd have to mod a set of lights in though but I have a few of those. I was going to make one from scratch.

@gregjet Ap Motoarts in California. He developed and sells all the parts to make the bike into the FZ07R. You can look him up on facebook and follow the progress. Search FZ07R on facebook, thats the name of his page.

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I checked out facebook and all there is , is a plain list of some componemts. Not much else at present.

I checked out facebook and all there is , is a plain list of some componemts. Not much else at present.
You will have to contact him, the info is on this page AP Motoarts 

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Archived