The MT-07 Forum

New FZ07 Owner

captainmay

Hi all,
I first saw the FZ07 at the MotoGP race in Indy this year (please don't ask me about it being the last year, I'm still getting over that). I've had a few R6es before and currently have one for the street and one for the track. I was looking to get something a little more comfortable and practical for the street. Yamaha seemed to have read my mind. I bought mine this September. I must say I believe it is more fun than the R6, at least on the street and commuting. I don't know that I'll be doing any track days with it, but I'll definitely be selling the street R6 this coming spring.
Currently I've got a full Termignoni carbon fiber exhaust sitting in the living room waiting for me to install it. I'm still a believer that loud pipes do in fact save lives, to a point anyway. I'm contemplating whether the FZ needs a suspension upgrade for what I intend to be doing with it.  Some days I'm perfectly fine with those front forks, other days I think even just a preload adjustment would make me happy, and other days I think I need to replace all the innards. We'll see how it progresses.
I've been nosing around on this forum for a while now and there's a lot of good info on here so I thought I'd go ahead and sign up.  Take care

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome captainmay! Post a pic when you get the chance, we never get tired of them!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Get a proper rear shock/spring....full stop. Standard one is the weakest point of the bike. Check out the suspension threads good stuff there for front and back.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Welcome aboard, Capn! You are going to love that new pipe, they sound good on FZ-07's and I'm with you on the "louder pipes can save lives." Get some pics up when you get that pipe on, man!

Beemer

Archived