The MT-07 Forum

The jacket thread.

V8titanpwr

Well, the Alpinestars jacket has been doing great so far in the cold, but I'm super excited as I just picked up the Dainese Racing C2 Perf for the upcoming warmer weather (whenever that gets here). Rode home with it the other day (decent weather), and the fit and air flow are awesome so far!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wear a Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 perf leather jacket. It's a little cold when it gets below 50, but it's very nice up into 80-90 degree weather. It starts getting a little uncomfortable after that, but not completely unbearable.

(Mostly) Sunny South Florida here, I ride with this every time no matter what the temp or season is. Rather sweat than bleed.

Dainese Zen Evo perforated 61HtaVJXGKL._SL1000_.jpg

61HtaVJXGKL._SL1000_.jpg

Have a S&S leather/textile seven sins jacket, the fit is good but it isn't holding up too well 1part of the stitching is coming apart and a zipper tooth just fell off. I'm looking for a new good jacket preferably textile for under $200.

I'm wearing this since I got my FZ.

13a95c26cb21f1c15e22b11b781c7154.jpg

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

Joe Rocket Reactor 3.0
Has been good in temps down to 50f with the liner and long sleeve shirt underneath. I Have ridden in 40f with a windproof jacket underneath. I like the jacket because of the leather in the high impact areas, rib and collar bone padding, and Joe Rocket has the best stock back, shoulder, & elbow pads IMO. A little stiffer but defiantly thicker than other brands. The only thing I do not like is that the cut is a bit Boxy. I Have 8 minute Abs ;) so the American style cut is for well… Real American Men with more robust tummies. My next Jacket will be a more European fit. Alpinestars or Dianese.
wuw4ntS.jpg?1TL5rd2t.jpg?1
My Wife has the Joe Rocket Cleo. Its her first Jacket & she Loves it.
 LO8vbQg.jpg?1
y1PB7sh.jpg?1

I've got two.

Cortech GX Sport Air 3.0 - I bought this one the day I bought the bike. It's a really awesome jacket, but I just can't stand the Hi-Vis yellow anymore, so I typically only wear it when it's really cold because it's really good at keeping you warm along with a couple base layers.

SnRCJWB.jpg

Icon Brawnson Sidewinder - I ended up ordering this one from RevZilla not too long after getting the bike. I really love this jacket. It's got an awesome inner liner for cold weather that zips up your neck quite a bit, but my only complaint is that it's only a vest liner; nothing extends down your sleeves and seals them up. That's the main reason why I don't wear this one when it's cold, because the sleeve endings aren't tight on your body and so a lot of wind makes its way up your sleeves.

Lo1iw7Q.jpg

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any experience with the Icon Hypersport Prime or the Icon Contra jackets? If so what are your thoughts on them? Don't know if I want to pay the extra for the leather or not.

I'm looking for recommendations on a jacket for cooler weather. Something style-wise along the lines of this Icon jacket (mostlyblack, I like the looks of the patches):  
OverlordPrimeHeroBlackJacketFront_detail.jpg

Reviews on this one say the arms are well vented and it's not great for cooler weather.  I'm looking for leather either with a removable (quilted) liner or one made just for cooler temps.  I have a nice mesh jacket for warm weather, so I don't need one that works well year-round.  

Thoughts?
This jacket, even though its leather construction and awesome looks, is not very good in cold weather. It really breathes like a summer jacket. I sometimes wear a hoodie underneath when riding during cooler nights.
c11b4b09be6eb804e6993d255aa03d3d.jpg

• Premium Member

Icon Device 190 bucks for full leather I upgraded the back pad to D3O 30 buck I think. Leather is nice and it fits me well 2X I'm 240 ish. I like how it hangs over in the back so everyone can't see my butt crack.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-device-leather-jacket

My brother is looking right now also you can find 23 different jackets at Revzilla for under 150 take a look shipping is free and returns and exchanges are free

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 weeks later...

I wore an Icon Contra for about 2 years and was overall very happy with the jacket.  I would say that its a good mid temperature option, my only real complaint is that armor was difficult to get back jacket if you removed it for washing but the overall fit was very good.  I ended up replacing my Contra with an Alpinestars GP Plus leather jacket this spring.  I have found that I like the leather allot better than the textile, my experience has been that its much better at cutting the wind and easier to wipe bugs off.  I know you looking at the Hypersport Prime but I can only assume Icon leather would be pretty similar.  I would say if budget isn't an issue I would spring for the leather over the textile

i have a icon contra .. its a good mod season jacket its now getting to wear it less in the 90 degree GA heat but it was great for fall spring riding

I have a Hypersport Prime. been wearing it for about 5 months now I think. It's a good jacket. I like the soft D3O armor - it's pretty flexible and comfortable; much more so than traditional/older armor. Note that it does come with a D3O back protector and not just a typical pad like some other jackets; I believe it's CE level 1 rated but do not quote me on that. If that matters to you you can factor that into the price.

Temperature wise, I can wear it down to about 50-degF with a thick undershirt/hoodie and I've worn it in 95-degF heat without issues. I let you know how well it does in 110-degF heat in about a month or so, but can tell you anything over 75-80 degrees and it gets pretty warm when stopped in traffic. When you're moving, it breathes REALLY well for a leather jacket, but that's because it's not all leather and the tech mesh is the part that really lets air flow through. Do not expect this thing to block much wind at all like typical leathers will. It does have a liner, but it's not full sleeve. It's decent, but again, don't expect to get much cold weather riding in with this jacket.

Style wise, I love the Hypersport Prime. I've always liked the look of a leather over a textile and I dig Icon's approach with the TPU bits on the outside. The cuffs are different, but grew on me; I don't mind them as much as I thought I might.

If you want to pair it with a pant, the only option it will zip to is the Hypersport pant which I'm not particularly fond of. I asked Icon and they said it will not pair with previous Overlord series pants.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

icon team merc jacket took forever to find a jacket with a good and armor i love it super comfrotable great from 30-80 degrees.

Any suggestions for guys that have really broad shoulders and chests and narrow waists?

I have a 42 inch chest and a 33 inch waist and most of these jackets end up looking like gigantic smocks if i size to my shoulders...its annoying. I know that there are some different "fit" schemes out there. Anyone have any recommendations?

bmwpowere36m3
Any suggestions for guys that have really broad shoulders and chests and narrow waists? 
I have a 42 inch chest and a 33 inch waist and most of these jackets end up looking like gigantic smocks if i size to my shoulders...its annoying. I know that there are some different "fit" schemes out there. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm about the same, broad shoulders, bigger arms, 32-33 waist and a little belly... My cortech Latigo fits great. I can't layer too much though.

My suggestion is go to a bike shop and try some different manufacturers jackets on and see.

Archived