The MT-07 Forum

The jacket thread.

V8titanpwr

I just picked up a dainese sp-r for $70! At a pawn shop of all places. Me and the gf were out just running errands and she said she wanted to go into this pawn shop. I dipped into the parking lot and we walked in. On the shelf all by it self was a white,black, and red motorcycle jacket. Snatched it up and it fit perfect... looked at the price tag $70 knew it was a good deal but just to be sure I googled the jacket and the first link was from revzilla with a msrp of $370! So promptly walked up to the counter and bought it haha just happy with my luck on this one!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant seem to decide on a jacket. I'm looking at the Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 but wish it had more hiviz in that color combo. Im looking for a do everything jacket in all seasons and I know Im asking a lot. In Ohio our weather gets pretty extreme during the year and I want to ride as much as possible. I'm currently using a motorcycle style leather jacket but it has no armor and is thin, more style than substance. Anyone have experience with this jacket or can point me in a different direction.

Jacket needs: hi viz, armor, text and sub $200. I would consider leather if it works in the heat and has a hi viz element.

seinfeld-gortex.jpgI usually go ahead and wear this bad boy.

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest montana07
I just picked up a dainese sp-r for $70! At a pawn shop of all places. Me and the gf were out just running errands and she said she wanted to go into this pawn shop. I dipped into the parking lot and we walked in. On the shelf all by it self was a white,black, and red motorcycle jacket. Snatched it up and it fit perfect... looked at the price tag $70 knew it was a good deal but just to be sure I googled the jacket and the first link was from revzilla with a msrp of $370! So promptly walked up to the counter and bought it haha just happy with my luck on this one!
Wow man, nice grab. 

• Global Moderator

I have the Atomic 4.0 in hi-vis. I have been very happy with it. It vents well and is comfortable. I think it has enough hi-vis. I wanted to be visible without looking like I just finished working as a highway flag man.

I cant seem to decide on a jacket. I'm looking at the Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 but wish it had more hiviz in that color combo. Im looking for a do everything jacket in all seasons and I know Im asking a lot. In Ohio our weather gets pretty extreme during the year and I want to ride as much as possible. I'm currently using a motorcycle style leather jacket but it has no armor and is thin, more style than substance. Anyone have experience with this jacket or can point me in a different direction. 
Jacket needs: hi viz, armor, text and sub $200. I would consider leather if it works in the heat and has a hi viz element.
I decided on this one after trying it on in a store.  I think Cortech and Tourmaster are the same company but the Cortech fit and flt the best.  This is a 3 - 3 and 1/2 season jacket.  It also has a water proof inner liner.  Mine arrives on Monday.  $224 .. free shipping 

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/Jerry_Vezzosi/cortech-front_zpse0e724a6.jpg

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/Jerry_Vezzosi/cortech-back_zpsf879620b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing an older Alpinestar leather jacket for now. Tried on a Dainese at cyclegear the other day and fell in love. I will have one of those as my next jacket.

I ended up getting the Joe Rocket atomic 4.0

We had a heat wave come into Ohio after I got it, mid 90's wih high humidity and the jacket performed well. The last week we have had the opposite n the morning around mid 40's and the jacket still performs well. Any lower and I'll be putting the liner back in. Very happy with the jacket and the quick service by revzilla.

• Premium Member

I have the Dainese Avro Textile Jacket. My previous Alpinestars Stella T-GP Plus Air Jacket didn't seem to hold up as well after one season. The mesh started to fray around the main zipper as well as where the velcro adjustments were. It definitely has air circulate way more than the Avro, but at least my Avro isn't fraying since it's made up of a different material.

The weather has been 100+ the past few days and I'm surviving. I definitely have seen the decrease in protective wear in other riders since.
The weekend seem to be 1 in every 15 rider had something than just a helmet and a tank top.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm looking for recommendations on a jacket for cooler weather. Something style-wise along the lines of this Icon jacket (mostlyblack, I like the looks of the patches):

OverlordPrimeHeroBlackJacketFront_detail.jpg

Reviews on this one say the arms are well vented and it's not great for cooler weather.  I'm looking for leather either with a removable (quilted) liner or one made just for cooler temps.  I have a nice mesh jacket for warm weather, so I don't need one that works well year-round.  

Thoughts?

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I have the Dainese Avro Textile Jacket. My previous Alpinestars Stella T-GP Plus Air Jacket didn't seem to hold up as well after one season. The mesh started to fray around the main zipper as well as where the velcro adjustments were. It definitely has air circulate way more than the Avro, but at least my Avro isn't fraying since it's made up of a different material.  
The weather has been 100+ the past few days and I'm surviving. I definitely have seen the decrease in protective wear in other riders since.
The weekend seem to be 1 in every 15 rider had something than just a helmet and a tank top.
Lucky! It's been mid 50's here in Chicago for a week now and that's during the hot part of the day lol. It drops down to low 40's at night. 
my dainese Laguna evo perforated leather jacket has kept me nice and warm with the liner installed. I just need some pants and a balaclava and I'll be good to go for this cold weather. 

I'm looking for recommendations on a jacket for cooler weather. Something style-wise along the lines of this Icon jacket (mostlyblack, I like the looks of the patches):  
OverlordPrimeHeroBlackJacketFront_detail.jpg

Reviews on this one say the arms are well vented and it's not great for cooler weather.  I'm looking for leather either with a removable (quilted) liner or one made just for cooler temps.  I have a nice mesh jacket for warm weather, so I don't need one that works well year-round.  

Thoughts?
Best I could say is check out Revzilla has the A* GP Pro on closeout (no fancy designs or patches though)
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-gp-pro-leather-jacket-2010

• Premium Member

I'm wearing an Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket for the hot summer months. I've ridden in 106F weather without issue. Not sure what I'm going to wear when it gets cooler. I did just order an Alpinestars Motegi 1-piece race suit for track days and such, but might be a little much for the street when it gets cooler out.

Then again, you can never be too protected. I'd rather have folks make fun of me for wearing a 1-piece suit on the street, than visit me in the hospital for a skin graph :)

- Paulie

I'm wearing an Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket for the hot summer months. I've ridden in 106F weather without issue. Not sure what I'm going to wear when it gets cooler. I did just order an Alpinestars Motegi 1-piece race suit for track days and such, but might be a little much for the street when it gets cooler out. 
Then again, you can never be too protected. I'd rather have folks make fun of me for wearing a 1-piece suit on the street, than visit me in the hospital for a skin graph :)

- Paulie
I agree...  I've been riding into work with my T-GP Plus R Air jacket and it does a superb job staying cool.  Only times I've gotten sweaty in this Memphis heat are times when I'd have gotten sweaty even with no jacket on, so yeah... I love mine.  

Today's ride into work was about 68-degrees F out.  A nice brisk morning.  I can see though how my arms will get chilly in lower 60s to 50s temps with just a short sleeve polo shirt on.  I'll see if wearing a long sleeve shirt under the jacket helps keep my arms warmer.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Scorpion Hat Trick - find it works well in nicer weather, will need more layer in sub-50 temps. I found I felt very cold riding this weekend, even with all 3 layers of the jacket on (8 C)

• Premium Member
Lucky! It's been mid 50's here in Chicago for a week now and that's during the hot part of the day lol. It drops down to low 40's at night. 
my dainese Laguna evo perforated leather jacket has kept me nice and warm with the liner installed. I just need some pants and a balaclava and I'll be good to go for this cold weather. 
LOL. Well we could trade. Haha. I ride year round, so I wouldn't mind the 50's and 40's so much. Now once it gets around the low 30's… then I'll begin to reconsider. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

LOL. Well we could trade. Haha. I ride year round, so I wouldn't mind the 50's and 40's so much. Now once it gets around the low 30's… then I'll begin to reconsider. 
haha ill trade! I love the hot weather. 50 degree days aren't too bad with the right gear but yeah its going to start dropping temp real fast here pretty soon. Cant wait for when we start getting the -30 degree days were you cant even step foot outside lol. (that was total sarcasm haha). I wish I could ride year round.  

Archived