Sign in to follow this  
V8titanpwr

The jacket thread.

V8titanpwr

So what are you guys wearing out there?

For the summer I use a Bilt Techno Mesh jacket. This thing is great. I live in Orlando and right now is the hottest part of the year but this jacket helps me stay cool when i'm riding. It has a removable liner as well as shoulder, elbow and back protection.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Jackets/Textile/brand/BILT/Techno-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jacket/p/43811

In the winter I ride with a leather jacket, same protection as the mesh but it helps keep out the cold.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Guest unknown

Depending on the heat, I have a Shift leather jacket or a Shift mesh jacket. Pretty good quality and they were both cheap since Shift got out of the street gear segment.
Shift Vendetta
Shift Air Avenger

Sorry these were the only links I could find

Today I purchased some new A* gloves, an axo talon leather suit and axo primato boots for an upcoming track day.

Kipawa

Joe Rocket Canadian Shield jacket. I put a fleece pullover underneath and warmer gloves when it gets cold here!

Love how it doesn't look so much like a motorcycle jacket but has all the protection and ballistic material.

Hood always removed! LOL

http://www.joerocket.ca/en/catalog/item.cfm?ItemsID=829f8e74-5211-48f1-80eb-de3f64e952c4

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s460/Canoester/JRCS_zps35190fae.jpg

• Like 1

Guru

I have a Icon Brawnson jacket for the summer. It's okay but not great.

For the colder months I use a black Yamaha jacket with Thermolite insulation. Not sure what model. It is older, but I like it a lot. I also use it on my snowmobile.

w1ngzer0

Dainese Air textile (summer), dainese leather (winter) regular brown one.

GAZ

I wear the Dainese Air-Frame Textile jacket. Very comfortable and provides great airflow.
dainese_Air-Frame_Textile_Jacket_Black-Black-White_detail_2_600.jpg

hippiebikerchick

I wear Revit Tornado on hot days and leather jacket on colder days.

Illegitimi non carborundum

howlinhoss

Alpinestars T-GP-R Air Jacket

mjh937

I have a Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 with the neon yellow shoulders. I may need to get something cooler for the summer, but I will try it for a while first.

manuel

Alpinestars Viper Air = Mesh. It has a removable, non-quilted liner that I will use when it will get colder. So far, no heat issues as airflow is great. Mind you, our summer here was quite mild, so far.

Guru

I am still keeping my eye out for a vintage leather Yamaha jacket.
Low profile though not too many screaming Yamaha logo's unless they start sponsoring me.

lonerider

Ixon Montana link. Very practical jacket with removal lining for cold temperature (I ride in november and live in Canada ;)). A very good insulation. But the collar should be higher for better neck's protection. A waterproof and breathable lining is included. In hot temp, the jacket doesn't keep too much heat. There's some zippers for ventilation.  I have to say that the jacket become heavy when riding in rain. Because the jacket become wet. The lining is waterproof, not the exterior shell of the jacket.

My previous jacket, Bering Boost was way better in this aspect. It's a truly waterproof jacket (Gore-tex) with an insulated lining. But is heavier than the Ixon. I keep it as a back-up jacket. I bougth it 10 years ago.

I also have an Alpinestar Air-flo. It's a mesh jacket with a wind and waterproof lining. 8 years of loyal service.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

fz07

I wear a bilt mesh jacket here in so cal. I haven't needed anything warmer, even for night rides at the coast. I'm sure once winter comes I'll need something a little warmer or maybe just throw on a long sleeve underneath.

qjohnson
Dainese Laguna Evo Perforated Leather Jacket.  Fit and protection is great, but it does get a bit warm at stop lights and sub 30mph.  I've warn it on 90+ degree days and so long as I'm at speed it's been comfortable.
I have the same jacket. It flows a lot of air with the liner removed. Definitely a good all year jacket. 

yamabob
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=369&cat=3http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=227&cat=4Riding mainly interstate and the mesh in pants and coat works well until you stop.Two levels of liners in pants and a jacket liner make it 3 seasonable.I try to suit up and strip in doors to avoid heat sinking. It wasn't cheap, retail was $350. The dealer discounted the off the shelf stuff with the bike buy.Not stylish and I bought XXL to be comfortable but I feel it would do what I need if I need it.Sadly, all my really slick old racing suits don't fit me now. Yeah, in a past life I wanted to be like Barry Sheene! Bought the suit for club races at Bryar Park in NH. Colors looked great on the 1976 850 LeMans. Bub pipes, drilled flywheel, dual ignition, that thing was a the hot set up until factories got serious in superbike.The race was in 1976 at Laconia, NH and the R90Ses did have a lot more HP than the Moto Guzzi LeMans, but that the short track really was a problem for the brakes on the BMWs.B3nwWdO.jpg?1 Reno Leoni and Mike Baldwin campaigned a Guzzi against Reggie Pridmore's BMW 90S and Cook Neilson's 750SS in the late 70's... and won! Rz6M4Mu.jpg?1tfGuW6p.jpg?1
  • Like 2

may2nd

I wear an Icon Hi Viz green Hooligan Military Spec jacket. Mesh with a removable lining. Ive had it for 2 years. No complaints.

• Like 1

w1ngzer0

Dainese brown perforated leather jacket

• Like 1

hippiebikerchick
I just ride naked in the summer and cars seem to get out of my way.
Really, Cruizin? The Vampires MC in Santa Cruz has a naked ride and a kilt ride every now and then.  ;)  http://www.vampiresmc.com/home/

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest montana07
Dainese Laguna Evo Perforated Leather Jacket.  Fit and protection is great, but it does get a bit warm at stop lights and sub 30mph.  I've warn it on 90+ degree days and so long as I'm at speed it's been comfortable.
I have the same jacket. It flows a lot of air with the liner removed. Definitely a good all year jacket. 
Agreed, even on the 90+ degree days it's not so uncomfortable that I want something else.  
  • Like 1

Killafornia

Best jacket for 90+ weather is the Dainese Air-Flux, and it looks very casual too.
6yqa7ene.jpg
My winter jacket is an Icon Motorhead
3uhymupy.jpg
It's a great jacket but it's old.

• Like 1