The MT-07 Forum

New Rider from New Jersey

pjohn

hi all,

im a new rider from NJ and here is my baby

img][img]IMG_2130_zps5uuhzwgu.jpg

I've had her for a week now and put about 150 miles on. This is my first bike and looking forward to learn as much as  i can here and outside. most of the miles are city riding but yesterday i went to my first bike event 'rolling thunder' and took her to the highway for the first time, boy the wind!  :D

Cool ... where abouts are you? Where did you buy yours?
Thanks all!!  
I'm from Edison and I bought her in Flemington Yamaha. took me a while to find one, this bike is hard to find! lol. Where you all from?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Nice! Are you going to change the color like you mentioned before in the Shoutbox or keep it red?  Be safe out there and enjoy!

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="953] Did I hear the word windscreen?!!!

Haha. I'll have to get used to the wind, lean forward and tuck chin?

Nice! Are you going to change the color like you mentioned before in the Shoutbox or keep it red?  Be safe out there and enjoy!

Thanks!! Yea ill eventually change the color. Red is not bad at all but I really like it in white or maybe some custom color.

Did I hear the word windscreen?!!!

It's just an inside joke, do what you want, it's your bike. I have one on mine because I'm a big Pu$$ with a Hello Kitty sticker on my tank and rainbow tassels on my grips.

Beemer

It's just an inside joke, do what you want, it's your bike. I have one on mine because I'm a big Pu$$ with a Hello Kitty sticker on my tank and rainbow tassels on my grips.
hhahaha. i might put 'My little pony' sticker on mine lmao. 

on A serious note, what are the dos and donts during Break in period? I'm just over 200 miles right now and since I'm new to riding I'm very careful with the bike. I've taken it to the highway with top speed of 75mph only twice, no redline during rides, highest I've gone with rpm is maybe 8000.

thanks in advance guys. :)

Opinions differ but you don't need to baby the engine. I would change the oil and filter now and refill with yamalube. After the first service 600 miles, they or you will change the oil once again. No need to limit RPMs but generally it is recommended to changes RPM's. Don't stay at the same RPM for an extended period. I have 3000 miles on mine, dont think I red-lined it yet at all. Not an intentional limit, just never need all of it since the torque is where you need it in daily riding.

Opinions differ but you don't need to baby the engine. I would change the oil and filter now and refill with yamalube. After the first service 600 miles, they or you will change the oil once again. No need to limit RPMs but generally it is recommended to changes RPM's. Don't stay at the same RPM for an extended period. I have 3000 miles on mine, dont think I red-lined it yet at all. Not an intentional limit, just never need all of it since the torque is where you need it in daily riding.
thanks a lot @jerryv! ill research on the part# of the filter and also the kind of oil. (i know oil is a sensitive topic, correct? haha) I'm such a newb sorry guys 

Its OK to switch to full synthetic too.  Oil changes on this bike are super simple.  Use the search feature on this forum and learn from others.   May save you from making some mistakes.  Filters are readily available.  I would recommend the K&N.  Its good quality and has a welded nut on bottom making service simpler.  

To get you started:

http://fz07.org/thread/268/yamaha-filter-list-compatible-filters

http://fz07.org/thread/778/changing-oil

Its OK to switch to full synthetic too.  Oil changes on this bike are super simple.  Use the search feature on this forum and learn from others.   May save you from making some mistakes.  Filters are readily available.  I would recommend the K&N.  Its good quality and has a welded nut on bottom making service simpler.   
To get you started:

http://fz07.org/thread/268/yamaha-filter-list-compatible-filters

http://fz07.org/thread/778/changing-oil

thanks again @jerryv for the help!

Archived