The MT-07 Forum

Burned leg on crankcase!

crescentwrench

crescentwrench

Just that. It's hardly a burn but what the heck... I was running it pretty hard today for about 5 hours straight. 

Anyone else having this happen? Partly due to my crummy pants but what do you guys about this shenanigans?

My lady does this weird thing where she stands her leg in front of the foot peg, so the foot peg is behind the calf. Which is to say, unusually close to the hot parts of the engine. Guessing that's what you do to?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I say,get some good riding pants,chances are what you were wearing might be to thin or cheap fabric.And also when stopping keep your leg away from crankcase.I rode my bike in shorts a couple times(short trips near house dumb I know)and you do feel the heat but didn't get burned.

When it is exceptionally hot out, 95 or 100 degree days, I have noticed this. More like discomfort from the heat, and not burning. Not much to do about it.

• Premium Member
When it is exceptionally hot out, 95 or 100 degree days, I have noticed this. More like discomfort from the heat, and not burning. Not much to do about it.
It's not like it was 104 yesterday on our ride ..................... 

Archived