The MT-07 Forum

Honda Grom

fz07fanboy

• Premium Member

I don't know why but I've been looking at a lot of youtube videos and have read reviews and now I'm almost about to go to the dealership and get a Grom. Why? Hell I don't know because it looks so cool and fun to ride. For whatever reason when I see everyone having so much fun on the bike I just want to go get one. Do I need one.......No. Does anyone own one? Well my oldest daughter wanted to learn how to ride but I won't teach her on either one of my bikes and the wife wanted to learn how to ride as well.......So why not the Grom? Good excuse to get a new toy.

My only gripe with it is that I'm too folded up on it to be comfortable. I rode a friend's a few weeks ago and found myself standing up to stretch whenever we came to a stop. Then again I'm a 6ft mismatch of body proportions so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I have one. You will always be smiling while riding. Total mini hooligan, however very approachable and non-intimidating for beginners.

Get one you won't regret it.

Be prepared for, "Stop hogging my bike daddy!!" Ha! They are cool little bikes, a friend who almost died a few years back on his 900 RR and doesn't ride any more was afraid for me to get my FZ-07 and tried to talk into getting a Grom. I would've if the only riding I would be doing is around the neighborhood. He also pointed out this little bike, the Sachs MadAss which I like as well but again, not enough power for the highways. It appears it's discontinued now, too bad for some.

http://gokartsusa.com/50cc-250cc-Small-Scale-Motorcycles-Scooters-Bicycle-Moped.aspx

Beemer

• 4 weeks later...
I really like that Sachs. I wish it wasn't discontinued !
IKR! It's pretty basic/easy to work on and looks pretty cool as well. I figured someone might like it.

Beemer

I'd love to get a grom for the winter months. Especially the scrambler concept.
We do get some nice days where you can ride around town a bit. They are pretty expensive here and I never see a used one for sale.

We have a deplorable selection of small motorcycles. Lots of 50cc scooters. The sixties were great years for small bikes. Wished I had a bearcat.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/1960-1969/1967b.shtml

AlbatrossCafe

I am 6'2" and my legs don't fit in the "leg-grooves" in the side of the tank, but instead almost rest on top of the tank. It was a blast to ride and gets like 100mpg but if you are taller than maybe 6'0" then I can't see it being very practical for anything other than just screwing around occasionally lol

I picked up a Grom yesterday to play with over the winter. Its a baby 07 with a high fun-factor. It looks like a mini-bike but its fairly comfy with decent leg room. Goes pretty good. Will climb like a bugger. Went up high enough to find mountain goats today. I wouldn't want to go far on the highway although it will do about 55 mph on the flats. 150 kms for 5 bucks worth of gas!

It does have some annoyances: display is too dull in the daytime with no adjustment. Seat is tricky to remove and put back on. big honkin horn button where the signal light button should be.

Archived