The MT-07 Forum

Blinkers out!

gremlin

Well, what should have been an easy install turned into a nightmare.

Okay, went to install flush mount LED front signals wiring was correct and
Blow a fuse. Replaced the fuse and checked the relay ( 2 different relays)
Now I'm not getting any blinking not even on my dash. No blinking at all.

Any ideas? Really completely confused at this moment. Could use your
Expertise

Honda Grom
CB 350

• Premium Member

If the wiring was correct then you shouldn't have blown a fuse. Make sure the power wire isn't touching ground. There are 3 wires and you need to make sure you're using the correct 2 wires if they're just going to be turn signals. Check the fuses again. Probably blew another fuse.

I believe I blew the fuse because my buddy shorted the wires ( touched the ground and saw little blue spark) checked the signal 10 fuse and was blown.
Checked relay and all seemed fine......:/

UPDATE!!!! I knew it was something simple: checked the Park 10a fuse that hidden under the seat cover and that was blown, replaced it and all is good.

Thanx guys. Sorry for the sudden post.

Honda Grom
CB 350

I believe I blew the fuse because my buddy shorted the wires ( touched the ground and saw little blue spark) checked the signal 10 fuse and was blown. Checked relay and all seemed fine......:/

UPDATE!!!! I knew it was something simple: checked the Park 10a fuse that hidden under the seat cover and that was blown, replaced it and all is good.

Thanx guys. Sorry for the sudden post.
I was going to suggest to check that fuse but see you figure it out,good for you,you learn something new everyday.On second note not bike related but sew some sparks myself coming out the back of my handheld AC vacuum(wires shorted at vacuum end results from years of use)scared the hell out of me.

Well put everything back together last night and blew another fuse. This time just the park fuse. Gotta trace my steps again. :/ doh!!!!!!!

Honda Grom
CB 350

Sounds like your running lights are shorting out. Take pictures of your connections. Are u sure the turn signals are good.

Thanks guys. Gotta situated. Apparently my buddy forgot to heat shrink the soldered splice points seperatly and did them together so they were touching ....never again will he help. Lol

Honda Grom
CB 350

• Global Moderator

Good to hear you got it settled

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

This has been covered more than once before, maybe you couldn't find it. I couldn't find anything after typing "turn signals" or "turn signal problems" in the search bar. I had to manually scroll through everything under Yamaha FZ-07 LED Lighting Upgrades under Forum before I could find any talk about turn signal problems and this is what I found:  "Installing tail light tidy kit problem! Help by hitman21988".
I had the same problem when I installed mine so I looked at my owners manual to see what all fuses might be involved and ended up replacing the exact same two fuses. I remember talking about my problem with someone else but if you can't remember or know the date of, key words used in the thread or the poster's name good luck finding previous help in that way.

Beemer

Ya, my problem was because the the ground wire(black) and the yellow(not sure what to call that) touched and it was a simple noobie like mistake( should've checked to make sure no wires were touching before i turned on the motorcycle). Also i assumed that bikes had one fuse box... lol but noticed with in a half hour that there was a second(fused was blown in the second box) and bam! fixed my problem. so far it has been working correctly and no issues.

Ya, my problem was because the the ground wire(black) and the yellow(not sure what to call that) touched and it was a simple noobie like mistake( should've checked to make sure no wires were touching before i turned on the motorcycle). Also i assumed that bikes had one fuse box... lol but noticed with in a half hour that there was a second(fused was blown in the second box) and bam! fixed my problem. so far it has been working correctly and no issues.

Exactly! Me too. All is great now

Honda Grom
CB 350

• 2 months later...
AlbatrossCafe

Yes... I had exact same symptoms. When installing the rear signals, I mixed up a ground wire with a power wire. Was dickin around with the turn signal fuse for a while and couldn't make it work.

Turns it it was also the "park" 10a fuse in the second box that was blown for me. What is "park" even referring to?

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Sounds like your running lights are shorting out. Take pictures of your connections. Are u sure the turn signals are good.
Thanks guys. Gotta situated. Apparently my buddy forgot to heat shrink the soldered splice points seperatly and did them together so they were touching ....never again will he help. Lol

Too many barley pops?  :-)

Archived