The MT-07 Forum

Yacugar 3 way rear shock and matris emulators combo

starbob5

I was going to do Forks by Matt but I couldn't pass uthe combo $800 deal for yacugar 3 way rear shock and Matris emulators.  I have a dual sport ride event all weekend so I can't install until next week.  I'm no expert but I'll give my observations after I get some ride time with the new setup.  At my weight I get harsh pogo on big bumps, front dive upon braking and a little squirrely in fast corners.  Hopefully all will be eliminated with these.

I'll add the shock to the main Shock upgrades page, and if you can provide a source URL to the deal and some example retailers.
Are they a spin-off of WP or Wilburs?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I purchased it second hand from a nice Canadian fella. He got the shock from Ted porter http://www.beemershop.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BS&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=YAC-SUSP

Correct, it's a spin off of WP. Once ktm moved the plant to Austria former employees who didn't go started yacugar. It is hard to find a lot of information on ya cigar but it's out there.

I have used several Yacugar shocks on several race bikes. THESE WERE VERY GOOD SHOCKS. Had them on bikes as varied as CBR125R motolite to an ER6N Formula 3 bike. Transformed the handling. They tend to be hard to find . My Australian source doesn't have them anymore.
I should point out that the fact they were so good probably had lots to do with the supplier getting them right before they sent them to me. That was Tecknik Australia.
Short story: I was racing the Honda CBR125R in the motolight class. That is suspension, tyres, fairing and plastics, handlebars , footpegs brake pads can be changed but motor can only have air box removed, fuelling modified but must have original ECU, exhaust can be changed but NO other mods ( standard race requirements still have to be done: catch cans, catch pan, glass and lights removed , case protectors,etc). I had done the GVE's and the front was behaving but shock was std and the bike would weave coming out of corners lent over. The bike has rubber bushes in the swingarm pivots so assumed it was them. Teckniks made me up a Yacugar shock and when installed the weave went away and I could carry WAY more speed INTO the corner. Found this reapetedly with other bikes. These are good shocks. Unfortunately can't seem to get them anymore.
If you buy them new they come in a fantastic useable plastic closable box with the adjusting tools and one of the best user manuals I have seen for setup help. Unfortunately they do not come with a parts or exploded diagram. I still use the boxes for storing my spare suspension stuff ( of which I have way too much)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

BTW: I had one on a VTR250 I was racing and discovered they are particularly good on single pivot rears. They seem to be able to control the vagaries of the single pivots much better than most. No idea why. Suspect it may have something to do with the way they control rebound but can't confirm that is the reason ( could be just placebo of course). Not relevant to the mt/fz but noteable nonetheless.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived