The MT-07 Forum

Wheelies on an FZ-07

Cruizin

• 1 month later...

I would kill to have a Silver model 07
Euro lights also better than the North American ambers

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

• Premium Member

It's white. No silver there either but would be sweet. Could wrap it like some of the guys suggesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Global Moderator
.....Euro lights also better than the North American ambers
I actually bought a set of Euro signals from a forum member in Belgium. Still waiting for them, they should arrive at the end of next week.

:oWhat amazes me is how people manage to shift in the middle of pulling a wheelie...

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

I think it requires a dirt ds/mx back ground and alot of practice on a used tough bike, i personally would never try it on a new bike.

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

I heard wheelies are not good for the engine .. not sure how accurate that is. When the wheel is up for along time, then oil shifts because of gravity so engine may not get lubed properly. I read it on the internet so it must be true.   :P

I did see a guy do a monster wheelie on our state highway once.  He started it as he exited the toll plaza and wheelied thru all the gears .. quite amazing and stupid .. lol

I'm not recommending this but here is an amusing read:

http://www2.cose.isu.edu/~hackmart/wheelie.htm

I don't believe long wheelies are as much as "going through all the gears" but more so finding the "sweet spot" as hooligans say and just balancing it out the whole way, i don't think wheelies necessarily have to increase in speed as they progress. Lol idk though XD

Guest MXRider

Cool video.

Doing a long wheelie is all about finding the balance point. When you get that you can maintain a 25 mph wheelie for a mile or more. And yes, you can starve your engine of oil on some bikes if you do long wheelies.

Not something I would do, but way cool. Its neat how long he keeps the wheelie and how he is able to shift.

• 2 weeks later...

I could say I mastered the wheelie on my wr250x. It's fun! And the look on some peoples face when they see you cracks me up haha.

:oWhat amazes me is how people manage to shift in the middle of pulling a wheelie...
GP shift is your friend. Roll off a little and dab the shifter down and away you go. About half of those wheelies are standing to boot. Gott get me a go pro. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501
did a wheelie on accident lol
I accidentally did a wheelie when test riding my bike, the salesman I was riding with rolled hard on his throttle on his Yamaha Bolt and I thought "I'm gonna leave you sitting still"  I rolled hard on the throttle at about 10-15 mph and up came the front end!  I about shat my pants.  I've been doing it a little here and there on purpose when nobody's looking lol.  I don't dare do it to show off because Murphy and his damn law is usually waiting for me when I show off doing anything. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Oh yea! Not quite as insane as the FZ-09 though. That bike is out of control, I test rode it after I tested my 07 and it was just too much for an everyday rider for me.

did a wheelie on accident lol
I accidentally did a wheelie when test riding my bike, the salesman I was riding with rolled hard on his throttle on his Yamaha Bolt and I thought "I'm gonna leave you sitting still"  I rolled hard on the throttle at about 10-15 mph and up came the front end!  I about shat my pants.  I've been doing it a little here and there on purpose when nobody's looking lol.  I don't dare do it to show off because Murphy and his damn law is usually waiting for me when I show off doing anything. 
lol, its so easy to power wheelie on this bike haha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

Tested the bike fully, and my butt....um....gut reaction lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

Just be careful with trying to do a wheelie. And wear some decent pants too.  ;-|

[video src=http://youtu.be/8iS_fw2Q83I]

Just be careful with trying to do a wheelie. And wear some decent pants too.  ;-|
Man I saw this the other day. I knew it was coming, and I still cried a little when the bike went down. Should be charged for murder doing that to her.

• Global Moderator

Yes, me too.
Nad I don't understand It seems such a sensible fellow. Smart to pick such a quiet road to practice wheelies. And I love his clothing choice too.

(that was sarcasm btw)  :P

Pfff.. I have no sympathy for this idiot.

Archived