The MT-07 Forum

flash ecu on your own

mike9999

There are data kits one can buy that allows for unlimited flashing of one's ecu.  Anyone have any experience with that? Any potential downsides? I would like to reduce the engine braking a little.

I'd thought of that before myself but good luck finding a company that will sell you the needed software/program to do it. It may be easier/cheaper to just let a reputable company do it for you.

Beemer

• Premium Member

There's a guy in Idaho that will flash it for 225, and then unlimited reflashes after the fact if you need something changed.

I'd thought of that before myself but good luck finding a company that will sell you the needed software/program to do it. It may be easier/cheaper to just let a reputable company do it for you.
It's my understanding that the software is included. Google flash tune fz07. 

2wheeldynoworks

You can buy them for $380-$460 from FTecu themselves and do it yourself. Just be wary you can fry your ecu if done wrong. Remember it also costs $100 to unlock your ecu on top of that and it's unlimited flashes after it's unlocked.

We've spent countless hours getting our flashes dialed in. It's definitely a lot of work but also a lot of fun if you like tinkering. I hope you have a dyno around to help, a lot of times changes may feel faster or better but actually are dangerous to the engine.

It's my understanding that the software is included. Google flash tune fz07. 

So you found one, that's cool! What equipment do you have to buy along with the program to "flash tune" if any? Do you have to buy a lap-top computer and do you need training to do it right? It seems to me that companies that do flash tuning had to do a lot of work to get the tune right or is it mapped/pre-set for each individual bike and to every individuals liking? 

Beemer

Archived