The MT-07 Forum

Heated hand grip suggestions??

mdrizzle

Hi there!  First post... used this forum to pick out my tail tidy and bar end mirrors.  Ive had my 07 for about 3 months ago and have been loving it!!!  

With fall approaching, ill need some heated hand grips and was wondering who out there had any suggestions on a product that worked well, was good price and had a relatively easy install.

Any advice/suggestions??  Anything appreciated.... Cheers!

Having had both, I would suggest heated gloves over grips unless you're also going to add handguards to your bars to block the wind.

And with regards to gloves, I wound suggest an all in one package vs heated liners under other gloves. The second method gets really bulky.

Gloves are easier to install as well, since you don't have to mount a switch anywhere, and you don't have to remove and then reinstall your grips. You also don't have to splice into any switched wiring like you do with grips to ensure they turn off with the ignition. Gloves just wire straight to the battery and you unplug the wires that run under your jacket to your crotch when you dismount the bike (mine just unplugged as I got off the bike)

Gerbing is a good brand at a decent price.

Thanks Rob!  I appreciate your help.... thats interesting - I had both wingguards and hot grips on my old bike, so I never wasnt able to tell how much each contributed.... I was not going to add handguards on my FZ, so I think what your telling me is that heated handgrips really wont be very effective without handguards?  

I just looked at the Gerbing product.   It looks like good quality.  I also like the 4 hr battery option.... Thanks for the suggestion.

I

Archived