The MT-07 Forum

Group rides

canadianbacon

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody is interested in group rides around Southern Ontario? I haven't seen any topics or threads on this...
I saw already 2 riders from Brampton, 1-2 from Mississauga, there are other 2 in Burlington on the forum map.
I would be open to the idea, weather permitting, after work, some farmland sightseeing or coffee hops from THs to THs.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody is interested in group rides around Southern Ontario? I haven't seen any topics or threads on this...
I saw already 2 riders from Brampton, 1-2 from Mississauga, there are other 2 in Burlington on the forum map.
I would be open to the idea, weather permitting, after work, some farmland sightseeing or coffee hops from THs to THs.

Great to see you already created the post. I was about to create one. 
I am a new rider in Canada so I am taking it slow right now. I don't ride to work yet. The only time I get out is on weekends. I usually go towards the Forks of Credit and adjacent areas. I try to keep off the highways since I don't like to keep riding 100+ all the time and moreover without the windscreen it is a struggle to remain on the bike. lol. I love riding in the country side, with twisty, open, scenic routes. I will share some routes today once I get some time in my office.

I am not sure about this weekend since I have guests coming over. Maybe on Sunday I might get a chance. Nevertheless, let's keep planning some group rides or TH meet-ups before the end of this riding season.

Nice, I am away this weekend too. I took 403 today, first time highway, boy, is this a fast bike ! I didnt even realize I was doing 130+ on the ramp where the 403 meets 407 eastbound, i freaked out. I simply didnt feel it, on this bike, all my previous bikes would scream at that speed. I slowed down and learned the lesson.
Wind is kinda unbearable at that speed, and I find the wind noise very bad, I wonder if it is my helmet or this is the way it is on the naked bikes..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
bigdaddybane

I think weekends will work the best for everyone. Weather should improve in coming days/weeks so I would suggest we meet somewhere around mid May ... let me know who will interested getting together around May 14th?

Ill be down for a ride provided I'm not working. I'm in Hamilton. Sundays would work best for me as I work every Sat.

justblade

I'm in Guelph but am in toronto area for work everyday would be in for some groups rides.

justblade

Does anyone ever go to forks of credit? I drove by there the other day on my way home from work but it was under construction.

• 1 month later...
bigdaddybane

OK guys, is anyone interested in a group ride somewhere around Toronto ... maybe next weekend?

OK guys, is anyone interested in a group ride somewhere around Toronto ... maybe next weekend?

I'm busy next weekend this weekend would of been good. I'd be down for a meeting some where then trip to the forks of credit

Hey guys if you are free, next Wednesday (June 22) there is a meet at Appleby Crossing (Corsa Motocicletta) from 6-9 in Burlington. I plan on doing a short group ride around 4 then heading over to there. You guys are more then welcome to join. It will be a easy pace ride around the area. Let me know who ever is interested. If you can't make the ride you should try to make the event. It will be fun.

Boom

• 3 weeks later...

Hey if people are still meeting up for group rides this year, count me in. I'm in Newmarket but can meetup wherever and I'm available often.

bigdaddybane
Hey if people are still meeting up for group rides this year, count me in. I'm in Newmarket but can meetup wherever and I'm available often.
The weather should be really nice this weekend ... I'm OK for Sunday. 

You know any nice routes with curvy roads we can ride?

bigdaddybane
I'm not sure about twisties but I'm planning to head north to Lake Simcoe and Jackson's Point ... 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride.

I'm not sure about twisties but I'm planning to head north to Lake Simcoe and Jackson's Point ... 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride.

Hey that works too. I'm on your way there anyways.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys...just picked my FZ07 a week ago...I am in Milton and have summers off so if anyone wants to ride shoot me a message...Ivana

PS...I'm off work right now due to a motorcycle crash on August 20 so I'm not doing too much right now...

Archived