The MT-07 Forum

Brake Upgrade

rapture333

pattonme

I'm sorry but I just watched a guy in a video get hard on the front brake and flip his bike and he didn't try to. So "only possible" just isn't so.

Beemer

Also if you piss off a MotoGP competitor during qualifying and he rides along side and whacks your brake lever hard, the exceptional grip of hot racing pads on over-sized rotors and hot racing rubber's grip on tarmac, one can indeed flip the whole thing over before the front has a chance to do much skidding and thus low-side.
Damn you Niccolo Canepa

• Premium Member

Practice practice... just upgrading to better stuff will potentially make the same situation worse... I think the stock parts work just fine unless your running hot laps and love dive bombing corners like a 2 stroke dirtbike...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Practice is always helpful, but nothing beats ABS in a panic situation. If you get caught by a surprise bad stuff can happen no matter how much you practice, sure maybe it was your (my) own fault that you (I) got caught off guard. I've got lots of broken ribs and 2 clavicles which I think could have been saved by ABS. I'll tell you straight up they could have been avoided if I had been more focused on my riding, I'm human....stuff happens. I've been down 4 times thus far in my riding career, once on a race track, once by a deer (hate them things) and twice due to brake lockup. I practice lots, my wife will attest to many helmet crashes due to my sudden hard application of the brakes. She does not like it but it may be needed when she is on board so practice helps. ABS though.....I've been a convert since I saw the BMW demo at Cow Palace in 1985 if I remember correctly. If you can get it on your bike I don't think it will hurt anywhere but your wallet. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Premium Member
Practice is always helpful, but nothing beats ABS in a panic situation. If you get caught by a surprise bad stuff can happen no matter how much you practice, sure maybe it was your (my) own fault that you (I) got caught off guard. I've got lots of broken ribs and 2 clavicles which I think could have been saved by ABS. I'll tell you straight up they could have been avoided if I had been more focused on my riding, I'm human....stuff happens. I've been down 4 times thus far in my riding career, once on a race track, once by a deer (hate them things) and twice due to brake lockup. I practice lots, my wife will attest to many helmet crashes due to my sudden hard application of the brakes. She does not like it but it may be needed when she is on board so practice helps. ABS though.....I've been a convert since I saw the BMW demo at Cow Palace in 1985 if I remember correctly. If you can get it on your bike I don't think it will hurt anywhere but your wallet. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
I can agree with you about ABS. This is what I love about my 2014 NINJA 300 SE ABS. It has helped a couple times. For one I like to ride hard approaching corners and get on the brakes hard before i enter and this helps.

Archived