The MT-07 Forum

Picking up my 16 FZ-07 on Friday!

virginiadave

Finally! It's taken a month, but I will finally be the proud owner of an FZ-07 in 2 days. I gave up on finding a grey/blurple 15 model, and shifted to finding a 16 in silver/blurple. Even though they told me they wouldn't have any until the end of October, I decided to call my local dealer again to check status. I was shocked when the salesman called back and said they had several in their out of state warehouse, and he could have it hear in 2 days! Woot! Already worked out a price on the bike and the Akrapovic exhaust, which will be here in a week. Now it's time to order a fender eliminator and signals online, and I'll be good to go. This will be my first Yamaha since my very first bike, an 82 Seca 650, which was almost the exact same color scheme. Can't wait, pics to follow.

• Premium Member

Congrats, great choice on the color. I wish they offered that combo when it was released in 2014, I would of been all over it. I think the rear of these bikes are hideous without a fender eliminator installed. Post some pics when you have it.

• Premium Member

Congratulations! I have a 2015 and love it. Keep us posted on your impressions of the bike after you ride for a while.

• Premium Member

Congrats, you will love it.

I hope you didn't go with Casey Cycle City in Newport News. Don't know whereabouts you're located.

Everything went braap.

Congrats, you will love it.  
I hope you didn't go with Casey Cycle City in Newport News. Don't know whereabouts you're located.
Nope, I'm 30 miles south of DC. Buying from Coleman Powersports, which is a real upset. In the past they've never come close to matching prices of other dealers, but this time they did. They're the closest dealer to me, which makes this purchase so much easier. I just don't have time to go to PA or WV right now, so if I couldn't make it work with them, I probably would've have just said screw it and kept my gixxer. 

Congrats! Ditch that starship on the tail ASAP. It makes a huge aesthetic difference.
That's the plan. Got the exhaust coming, just ordered a new cover for the bike(it will live outside until I buy a new house w garage), next will be fender eliminator w new signals and some spools in the rear so I can use my stand. After that, who knows?! 

> Buying from Coleman Powersports... but this time they did (ed. price match)

Hmmm, desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. Or hell froze over.

If you're 30 miles south that puts you in Fredericksburg/Spotsy. The Yam dealer off US17 wouldn't play?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator
Congrats! Ditch that starship on the tail ASAP. It makes a huge aesthetic difference.
That's the plan. Got the exhaust coming, just ordered a new cover for the bike(it will live outside until I buy a new house w garage), next will be fender eliminator w new signals and some spools in the rear so I can use my stand. After that, who knows?!
good lusck dude...
side note...
maybe a paddle/swingarm lift attachnent for your rear stand would be better than spools...
the fz doesnt have a stock location for spools to thread into like most sport bikes
you can get a set of rear axle sliders that are also spools however

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

My bike has been outside for the last 3 months, so I feel your pain. It's not as though I want to keep it out there, but having just moved from a rented house to an apartment, I no longer have a garage to put it in. Still, I haven't noticed any ill effects. The rotors get a little rust on them a day or two after getting wet, and I have to give it a bath more often because of the dust that rain brings with it (collects at the bottom of the rims pretty bad), but otherwise, it's fine. I don't have a cover on it yet. :( It's going into storage in a couple of weeks anyway.

It's been a beautiful weekend. You've ridden a couple hundred miles, you're smitten and will be having that first service oil change Monday morning, right?

:)

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

It's been a beautiful weekend. You've ridden a couple hundred miles, you're smitten and will be having that first service oil change Monday morning, right? 
:)

Ha, not quite. I picked this bad boy up on Friday afternoon, rode it in traffic to my house, and put it away. Then we got in my truck and drove three hours to the beach for the weekend. Total miles on day 1: 5 I did ride it for real on Sunday. Took it out in country for about an hour, had a little fun before my son's baseball game.

looks nice! congrats!
Thanks! Gonna be a work in progress. Hopefully my exhaust will be here this week, and I need to order the fender eliminator and turn signals. After that it will be a little something here, a little something there, lol. 

Archived