The MT-07 Forum

Akro carbon vs Yoshi carbon

afjbyers

caliesv 
I don't hear the op complaining and an EJK controller isn't very far off topic considering you shouldn't run a pipe without a fuel/air controller of some type.
That is... something... lol. I ran my Akra Carbon for a month before I got the ECU flash, and in that month it backfired only once. I  have been using it for about 3 months after without any controller. For someone who wants looks/sound and doesn't care for milliseconds of performance, I think it is totally reasonable to save yourself $300 and not get that upgrade. 
With the baffle-in, the Akra carbon will run just fine with the stock fuel mapping and ECU tuning.

Exactly my point ☺ thank you sir.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
caliesv 
I don't hear the op complaining and an EJK controller isn't very far off topic considering you shouldn't run a pipe without a fuel/air controller of some type. In other words, the difference in power between the two pipes doesn't matter if you can't use either of them by themselves. Making sense now? My question now is how does one get the job of forum orchestrator? I'd like to apply. 
No one said he was complaining. Your posts are cute though big guy. Maybe you need to go on a bike ride ☺  
Plenty of people use pipes without a fuel controller. Either they don't know or don't want to. But guess what, their bikes still run. Crazy huh?
Am I gonna have to make you two hug it out?

In truth considering how lean this thing runs stock at bottm and mid, logic would have it that a fuel mod would probably be necessary. It is just that in this case it seems to be almost have been fuelled for an aftermarket air flow improvement. eg. both my F800R and Husky needed fuel modding. They ran seriously crap without it. Sally's KTM 690 Duke ran crap even before the filter and GPR exhaust. It couldn't adapt at all. Fuel controllers have fixed it ( yes that is plural. On the Duke you have to have a separate open and closed loop mod). There was no ECU mod availavle when we did hers.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

The John Williams of the forum world.
lol! Thank you gregjet and good point! You know Caliesv, even if I or anyone else is GUILTY of getting off topic, if you want to make it go off topic even more you should muster up all your 'school monitor' experience, speak for others and tell people what they can or can not say. gregjet pretty much said what I was leading up to but with some slight differences, which is perfectly fine. He was being bike specific but I was going to throw out a basic rule of thumb to keep your engine safe. What I was leading up to was the fact that typically when you put on an high performance, aftermarket pipe that breathes better IT WILL run lean or to some degree, leaner. Just because it seems to run ok doesn't mean it's not running a little too lean which can cause your engine to run a little too hot. Over a period of years that slight bit of excessive heat can cause your engine to lose some of it's life. It's not a big deal, people can watch their temp. gauge and monitor that if they have one (this has been talked about before) but what I say is true and maybe the op didn't know that and doesn't mind the EXTRA information, maybe he has another bike without a temp. gauge so who are you to tell people what they can or can't say in a thread when good information is coming out of it? Who put you in charge? It didn't go WAY off topic until you became a cross between John Williams and Calvin Candie. Now sit down on your bike and don't interrupt. I'll spare you the public lol.

Beemer

The John Williams of the forum world.
lol! Thank you gregjet and good point! You know Caliesv, even if I or anyone else is GUILTY of getting off topic, if you want to make it go off topic even more you should muster up all your 'school monitor' experience, speak for others and tell people what they can or can not say. gregjet pretty much said what I was leading up to but with some slight differences, which is perfectly fine. He was being bike specific but I was going to throw out a basic rule of thumb to keep your engine safe. What I was leading up to was the fact that typically when you put on an high performance, aftermarket pipe that breathes better IT WILL run lean or to some degree, leaner. Just because it seems to run ok doesn't mean it's not running a little too lean which can cause your engine to run a little too hot. Over a period of years that slight bit of excessive heat can cause your engine to lose some of it's life. It's not a big deal, people can watch their temp. gauge and monitor that if they have one (this has been talked about before) but what I say is true and maybe the op didn't know that and doesn't mind the EXTRA information, maybe he has another bike without a temp. gauge so who are you to tell people what they can or can't say in a thread when good information is coming out of it? Who put you in charge? It didn't go WAY off topic until you became a cross between John Williams and Calvin Candie. Now sit down on your bike and don't interrupt. I'll spare you the public lol.
You sure are a tough guy behind the screen! I'd hate to actually have a decent argument with you face to face, you might be to big and bad for me. If you got butt hurt and assumed that someone was telling you want to do on a forum, you might wanna reconsider your life choices. Little sensitive guy are ya? It's OK.. I have a 2 year old son, so I can relate to your feelings. As far as you using other people's info to "make your point", that's cool. He's right, not you. I'm good with that. ☺ funny how you and the other big guy resort to name calling lol kinda cute too. #BFFs

caliesv

Oh please, you started the smart-assery, this isn't you tube and we're done. You're obviously mad and behaving like an immature smack-tart  d on you tube. I feel sorry for your two year old son, I honestly do. No lol over that, it's not funny. I pray for you.

Beemer

caliesv 
Oh please, you started the smart-assery, this isn't you tube and we're done. You're obviously mad and behaving like an immature smack-tart  d on you tube. 
Mad? No. Entertained? Very much so. I can honestly care less about Internet anything. Just funny how you both approached this. I would assume by your comments you guys were younger than what I actually think you are. Take that as you will. Keep going if you want. I'm having a blast seeing how upset you guys are getting over Internet forum replies ☺

"I'm having a blast seeing how upset you guys are getting over Internet forum replies ☺"

I would like to apologize to all for caliesv's behavior as well as mine. Caliesv and I will now switch over to private messages or you tube for a personal smack-down. Bring your own pop-corn.

[attachment id=1302" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

"I'm having a blast seeing how upset you guys are getting over Internet forum replies ☺ "

I would like to apologize to all for caliesv's behavior as well as mine. Caliesv and I will now switch over to private messages or you tube for a personal smack-down. Bring your own pop-corn.

[attachment id=1302" thumbnail="1]

Still going... Wow. Lol maybe you need a girlfriend (or boyfriend, I don't judge) ? And No need to apologize for me, but thank you for the kind gesture. ☺

• Premium Member
"I'm having a blast seeing how upset you guys are getting over Internet forum replies ☺ "

Still going... Wow. Lol maybe you need a girlfriend (or boyfriend, I don't judge) ? And No need to apologize for me, but thank you for the kind gesture. ☺
Please dial it back, both of you.  I'm trying to be cool and not take action at this point.  Just keep it friendly and on topic.  [i'm leaving this post public for others to see  -- it's easy for the snark to escalate to personal attacks, and that won't be tolerated by the mods here]

What about the loss of torque with the Yosh pipe? Not that a different pipe will win you any races, it's just the idea that when you buy a "performance pipe" you should get gains in performance, not losses. Crazy thinking, I know. Just buy what you like.
Where are you getting your info? The dyno charts I've seen they look damn close, nothing you would notice on the "butt dyno". 
Are you talking about dyno tests where stage 1 kits were involved to help acquire those results or was the pipe used alone during dyno testing? That would make a difference. I'm getting my information from tuninghq and people that have installed a Yosh, full exhaust and claimed they lost torque with the Yosh pipe. I'm thinking now that those people ONLY installed the pipe without a complete stage 1 kit and maybe that's why they could actually feel a loss in torque, with a  "butt dyno" test, lol! Anyway, based on tuninghq's real dyno tests and what they said about the Yosh's loss of torque my vote goes to the Akapovic .... and thank you so1102! 

Beemer

@Beemer I was talking about dyno tests where "stage 1 kits" were installed. I do not take into account anyone who installs an exhaust on any type of motorcycle, ATV, dirtbike, or whatever without correcting the fueling.

I was mostly looking at @2wheeldynoworks sheets.

Understood mrcribbs, thanks!

afjbyers,

There are some interesting reviews about the Yoshimura pipe on this site under Forums, Supporting vendors Dobeck performance exhausts and stage 1 kits and last, Yoshimura exhaust stage 1 kits. People are saying the same thing I said about a loss of torque if you install the Yosh pipe only. I thought this may be important to you in case you don't want to spend money on anything other than a pipe. I haven't heard anything about the Akra pipes having a loss of torque because of their design with only the pipe installed so that's something to consider but you should research that yourself. Also, when I mentioned an EJK I didn't feel like I was going off topic for the fact that even though manufactures say you don't need anything other than their pipe, many knowledgeable people believe that's risky and recommend a stage 1 kit along with the pipe. I feel that is true so I felt obligated to mention an EJK. It's just a heads up, check it all out for yourself. Good luck with the pipe purchase and congrats on the new job!

Beemer

Archived