The MT-07 Forum

Akro carbon vs Yoshi carbon

afjbyers

What about the loss of torque with the Yosh pipe? Not that a different pipe will win you any races, it's just the idea that when you buy a "performance pipe" you should get gains in performance, not losses. Crazy thinking, I know. Just buy what you like.
I don't have a yoshi pipe, but you think it's that noticeable going from stock to yoshi for the rider? (real question lol )
I have no reason not to believe tuninghq or the people I've found that implied the same thing about the pipe, that it's that noticeable. Knowing what the loop in the Akra CF pipe does, I believe the talk about the Yosh pipe.

Beemer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So going from the dyno charts from the vendor 2 wheel dynoworks which show you gain 4-5 horsepower everywhere in the rev range and even more torque you still believe that it's not noticeable? Plus you loose 7 pounds of weight.
O yea you have not actually ridden a bike that is tuned.
Why come in here spouting off shit you know nothing of first hand?

So going from the dyno charts from the vendor 2 wheel dynoworks which show you gain 4-5 horsepower everywhere in the rev range and even more torque you still believe that it's not noticeable? Plus you loose 7 pounds of weight. O yea you have not actually ridden a bike that is tuned.
Why come in here spouting off Shet you know nothing of first hand?
Who are you talking to?

What about the loss of torque with the Yosh pipe? Not that a different pipe will win you any races, it's just the idea that when you buy a "performance pipe" you should get gains in performance, not losses. Crazy thinking, I know. Just buy what you like.
Where are you getting your info? The dyno charts I've seen they look damn close, nothing you would notice on the "butt dyno". 
I got my info from people that installed a Yosh pipe. After enough of them had said the same thing about it I was a believer that there was something to what they were saying, that they weren't just imagining things. To convince me even more tuninghq made a remark on the 1st page about the Yosh pipe that matched what some of the owners of the pipe were saying. Are people not seeing that? That's good enough for me and besides, some manufacturers aren't honest about posting specifications. (not that Yoshimura is dishonest, maybe they are, but two people can run the same test and get different results like how the claims about the FZ-07's h.p. differ slightly) That's why a lot of people rely on reviews to buy a product. Manufacturers will sometimes talk up their product just to get a sale. Believe them and their stats if you want, that's cool with me but I choose to not believe them.

Beemer

I think people are getting off topic here. I could he wrong, but wasn't the argument about Akro vs yoshi? Lol now, would a rider tell the power difference between these two?

I think people are getting off topic here. I could he wrong, but wasn't the argument about Akro vs yoshi? Lol now, would a rider tell the power difference between these two?
A lot of people have said they could feel the small difference in power after they had installed their Dobeck EJK Controller so are they wrong as well?

Beemer

Well I think that is the problem a fuel controller vs an ecu tune is not equal ecu can adjust timing and fuel where a ejk can not.

• Premium Member

Here are a couple videos i just uploaded that I've never shown before. They were created last year. The bike was run on a dyne to record sound audio. Its a full akra system. I now have an M4 and I love the sound even more. To me, the M4 has a more deeper and harder sound and that's with the baffle in it. Without the baffle, it was too loud for me. Don't forget to change picture quality to 1080p

A lot of people have said they could feel the small difference in power after they had installed their Dobeck EJK Controller so are they wrong as well?
Again... Can someone tell the power difference between the Akro and yoshi. I don't remember talking about the ejk. Just the exhaust themselves.
Of course and tuned bike vs un tuned will be noticeably different lol

Well I think that is the problem a fuel controller vs an ecu tune is not equal ecu can adjust timing and fuel where a ejk can not.
??? I thought an EJK was a fuel controller.

Beemer

• Premium Member
??? I thought an EJK was a fuel controller.
EJK is a fuel controller. Electronic jet kit

Again... Can someone tell the power difference between the Akro and yoshi. I don't remember talking about the ejk. Just the exhaust themselves. Of course and tuned bike vs un tuned will be noticeably different lol
I don't remember anyone talking about an EJK either but since we are allowed to make comparisons to make a point I made that comparison because an EJK alone doesn't make a lot of h.p., just like how a pipe alone doesn't. ("lol", I think your question just got answered) It's everything combined together in a stage 1 kit that makes the noticeable power. I should know, I have an EJK with a stage 1 kit and I felt the difference with each improvement and no one thing made a big difference. Pipes are basically the same as far as power is concerned, you might want to ask about the quality and the fitment of the two pipes. There may be bigger differences there that matter more than the power.

Beemer

I've seen a few people with header fitment issues with the Arka Carbon, I don't believe anyone has had issues with yoshi. i have the Carbon Yoshi and I think it looks better than the Arka. the Arka Ti on the other hand is very nice but i thought it was too expensive for a noise maker.

Again... Can someone tell the power difference between the Akro and yoshi. I don't remember talking about the ejk. Just the exhaust themselves. Of course and tuned bike vs un tuned will be noticeably different lol
I don't remember anyone talking about an EJK either but since we are allowed to make comparisons to make a point I made that comparison because an EJK alone doesn't make a lot of h.p., just like how a pipe alone doesn't. ("lol", I think your question just got answered) It's everything combined together in a stage 1 kit that makes the noticeable power. I should know, I have an EJK with a stage 1 kit and I felt the difference with each improvement and no one thing made a big difference. Pipes are basically the same as far as power is concerned, you might want to ask about the quality and the fitment of the two pipes. There may be bigger differences there that matter more than the power.
We are talking about ejks but that's not what the op was asking about. So like I said, this is off topic.

I've seen a few people with header fitment issues with the Arka Carbon, I don't believe anyone has had issues with yoshi. i have the Carbon Yoshi and I think it looks better than the Arka. the Arka Ti on the other hand is very nice but i thought it was too expensive for a noise maker.
I've heard the same thing about the Akra Carbon. I had a little trouble with mine as well but after putting a little muscle into spreading them apart they went on, it wasn't too awful hard to do. I can see where a weaker person could have a problem so Akra should work on that.

Beemer

I've heard the same thing about the Akra Carbon. I had a little trouble with mine as well but after putting a little muscle into spreading them apart they went on, it wasn't too awful hard to do. I can see where a weaker person could have a problem so Akra should work on that.
When did u purchase yours? I wonder if they adjusted it since. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered

pineappleunderthesea
When did u purchase yours? I wonder if they adjusted it since. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered
My unit came with the header and collector already assembled, and for the life of me I couldn't get the headers lined up with the exhaust ports. But by taking off the collector it allowed the header pipes to move around a bit and align right up, I didn't have to spread anything out.  Mine was purchased in Dec. 2015, not sure about the other posters (and not sure if they took off the collector as well). 

If fitting Akra's I think it is pretty important to TORQUE wrench them . The exhaust flange plate is not thick and bends easily. Seals fine but better if not bent. If you put moly or copper grease on the collector/header junction it helps to be able to rotate the pipes to get them aligned and seated.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

caliesv

I don't hear the op complaining and an EJK controller isn't very far off topic considering you shouldn't run a pipe without a fuel/air controller of some type. In other words, the difference in power between the two pipes doesn't matter if you can't use either of them by themselves. Making sense now? My question now is how does one get the job of forum orchestrator? I'd like to apply. 

Beemer

caliesv 
I don't hear the op complaining and an EJK controller isn't very far off topic considering you shouldn't run a pipe without a fuel/air controller of some type. In other words, the difference in power between the two pipes doesn't matter if you can't use either of them by themselves. Making sense now? My question now is how does one get the job of forum orchestrator? I'd like to apply. 
No one said he was complaining. Your posts are cute though big guy. Maybe you need to go on a bike ride ☺

Plenty of people use pipes without a fuel controller. Either they don't know or don't want to. But guess what, their bikes still run. Crazy huh?

One thing I did find on the MT07 ( ie the Australian LAMS model ) is even with the restrictors removed, DNA airfilter and Akro pipe the stock ECU still runs richer as you get higher revs. It was still very rich with the bigger breathing where it could do damage ( ie mid high revs), so the ECU can adapt quite well. Fuel controller not necessary to protect the motor. Performance wise different matter.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

AlbatrossCafe
caliesv 
I don't hear the op complaining and an EJK controller isn't very far off topic considering you shouldn't run a pipe without a fuel/air controller of some type.
That is... something... lol. I ran my Akra Carbon for a month before I got the ECU flash, and in that month it backfired only once. I  have been using it for about 3 months after without any controller. For someone who wants looks/sound and doesn't care for milliseconds of performance, I think it is totally reasonable to save yourself $300 and not get that upgrade. 
With the baffle-in, the Akra carbon will run just fine with the stock fuel mapping and ECU tuning.

Archived