The MT-07 Forum

Central FL riders.

V8titanpwr

WankyMcTugger

So there are a couple of groups on meetup.com that meet on Sundays to run some twisties. I met with them yesterday and went on a 6 hour ride. It was fun in parts, sketchy in parts, and one part specifically strengthened by anal sphincter by a factor of 10.

highres_479179165.jpeg

All are welcome, and I'd love more naked bike representation on future rides.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, WankyMcTugger said:

So there are a couple of groups on meetup.com that meet on Sundays to run some twisties. I met with them yesterday and went on a 6 hour ride. It was fun in parts, sketchy in parts, and one part specifically strengthened by anal sphincter by a factor of 10.

All are welcome, and I'd love more naked bike representation on future rides.

Not sure I want to join in a sketchy or sphincter strengthening ride. 😁

Unfortunately I work weekends which leaves me out of most group activities. but the three day weekends (Mon-Wed) help make up for it.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

WankyMcTugger

The weekend availability sucks, but don't take the sketchy and sphincter strengthening to heart. Everyone rides their own ride with catch-up points. I was stupidly riding above my skill level. Nothing bad happened, but it could have if I kept pushing as hard as I did. Next time I plan to take it slower.

8 hours ago, WankyMcTugger said:

Where are these 'twisties' you speak of?  Its very rare in Florida, at least in my parts of the woods. 

WankyMcTugger

There's a lot more twisty roads than I thought were around here. Granted, in Florida there's a lot more straights between the turns, but the twisties are there. We started the day with some roads I knew, like Patterson in Tampa, followed by Ehren Cutoff in Land O Lakes, and then went through Spring Hill and Iverness to a bunch of roads I hadn't seen before. I was as surprised as you are that there are that many around here.

23 hours ago, NiteRyder said:

Where are these 'twisties' you speak of?  Its very rare in Florida, at least in my parts of the woods. 

You're right, it's rare and you're usually out of them before you know it. For anyone that's interested in a new road with twisties to ride on a little ways up the road from Tampa I have one for you and it's about 9 miles worth of twisties. It's W. Ozello Trail in Ozello just west of RT. 98 and bikers (mostly H.D.'s) are all over it. It's a twisty road with a low speed limit because it's going through a preserve (St. Martins Marsh Aquatic Preserve) so it's not really a road to haul ass on but more a road to enjoy with all the scenery. You will understand once you've ridden it.

There's a little restaurant where you can have lunch at the end of the road just before you get to a community park at the waters edge, it's called Peck's Old Port Cove. It's one of those rustic looking places with a great view that's hard to pass up. I highly recommend it. It's worth a trip at least once, especially since Fl. twisties are such a rarity. I think just about anyone would enjoy it, even super sport riders going slow. 😉

Edit; If anyone happens to ride it let us know how you liked it, thx!

ozello.jpg

UFhlPODNSq2v9gXgzjeD_FL4.jpg

Ozello idiots.jpg Smart riding (not).

pecks sign.jpg

pecks front door.jpg

pecks view.jpg

• Like 3

Beemer

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

You're right, it's rare and you're usually out of them before you know it. For anyone that's interested in a new road with twisties to ride on a little ways up the road from Tampa I have one for you and it's about 9 miles worth of twisties. It's W. Ozello Trail in Ozello just west of RT. 98 and bikers (mostly H.D.'s) are all over it. It's a twisty road with a low speed limit because it's going through a preserve (St. Martins Marsh Aquatic Preserve) so it's not really a road to haul ass on but more a road to enjoy with all the scenery. You will understand once you've ridden it.

There's a little restaurant where you can have lunch at the end of the road just before you get to a community park at the waters edge, it's called Peck's Old Port Cove. It's one of those rustic looking places with a great view that's hard to pass up. I highly recommend it. It's worth a trip at least once, especially since Fl. twisties are such a rarity. I think just about anyone would enjoy it, even super sport riders going slow. 😉

ozello.jpg

And why haven't we ridden this road yet? We need to hit this up ASAP. At least once the weather decides if it wants to be in the 40s or the 80s.  😀

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

And why haven't we ridden this road yet? We need to hit this up ASAP. At least once the weather decides if it wants to be in the 40s or the 80s.  😀

I did it once when I first got my bike and it took right at 3 hrs. to get there and by the time I did me arse was well wore out. I didn't google it to see just how far away it was and I misjudged the distance. It's not an ass friendly ride, not for me so that's why I haven't suggested it. Once was enough for me unless I get a more comfortable seat or a younger arse, whichever comes first and money's on the seat! 

• Haha 1

Beemer

WankyMcTugger

I've ridden West Ozello on my old bike before and driven it in my car. It'd be a better road if the speed limit was higher. Usually there's people all over it fishing from over the side of the bridges and little kids walking around with their parents.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I've ridden West Ozello on my old bike before and driven it in my car. It'd be a better road if the speed limit was higher. Usually there's people all over it fishing from over the side of the bridges and little kids walking around with their parents.

Agreed. You can't go too fast knowing there could be a little kid running across the road around the next curve. Still, a nice, winding road to ride on.

Beemer

WankyMcTugger

I'd like to meet with one of you guys, preferably this weekend, for no more than 20 minutes. I'll come to you.

I just need someone to ride my bike. I have this thought in the back of my head that I'm not making as much power as the average FZ-07. I told the dealer a month prior to my bike being delivered that I need two new gaskets for my exhaust as I plan to put the exhaust on on day 1, and of course they forgot, so when I put my exhaust on, I reused the gaskets already on there. Now, they had 0 miles on them, so it's probably fine, but still. I don't hear an exhaust leak, but am still paranoid that there is one, and that it's robbing me of power. I don't get the "Wow, this is so much faster than my old Vulcan S" feeling when I ride this bike. If one of you could ride it and say "Yeah, this is your typical FZ-07 power" it'll ease my worries.

Edited by WankyMcTugger

10 minutes ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I'd like to meet with one of you guys, preferably this weekend, for no more than 20 minutes. I'll come to you.

I just need someone to ride my bike. I have this thought in the back of my head that I'm not making as much power as the average FZ-07. I told the dealer a month prior to my bike being delivered that I need two new gaskets for my exhaust as I plan to put the exhaust on on day 1, and of course they forgot, so when I put my exhaust on, I reused the gaskets already on there. Now, they had 0 miles on them, so it's probably fine, but still. I don't hear an exhaust leak, but am still paranoid that there is one, and that it's robbing me of power. I don't get the "Wow, this is so much faster than my old Vulcan S" feeling when I ride this bike. If one of you could ride it and say "Yeah, this is your typical FZ-07 power" it'll ease my worries.

So when you put a new exhaust on did you also install a fuel/air controller of any type? If not, that could be the cause of your lack of power.

Beemer

WankyMcTugger

I flashed it with a 2WDW e-tune made specifically for me and my mods. That's the thing. I'm not even sure there is a lack of power, that's why I'd like someone who knows this bike to ride it.

Edited by WankyMcTugger

15 minutes ago, WankyMcTugger said:

I flashed it with a 2WDW e-tune made specifically for me and my mods. That's the thing. I'm not even sure there is a lack of power, that's why I'd like someone who knows this bike to ride it.

Well, I'm no mechanic but I have had my bike now since '15 and I feel I'm pretty familiar with it so if you'd like I could check it out for you. If it's dogging I will spot it. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you in Tampa?

Beemer

WankyMcTugger

I am in Tampa, but I can ride to you. This is my problem, so I don't want to take too much time of anyone's day. Having had the bike since '15 makes you a perfect candidate. If it feels similar enough to yours, great. If there's a clear difference, then I imagine you'll know right off.

Hi all.  Just joined the forum today.  I'm in the Clermont area and curious if any others here are?  Hills and a few twisties over my way.  

• Like 1

Anyone bored around here? Anyone up for a little motorcycle fun?

Bring your own joust and beer!

Beemer

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Steve_O said:

Hi all.  Just joined the forum today.  I'm in the Clermont area and curious if any others here are?  Hills and a few twisties over my way.  

I’m in clermont 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
WankyMcTugger

So I'm in a meetup.com group that runs every few Sundays, does an annual dragon run, and track days. Always welcoming more members. We ride fast, so this isn't for those who like to take slow scenic rides.

• 2 years later...
WankyMcTugger

Stock 2019 rear shock with 300 miles on it up for grabs. Free to good home, just pick it up. I'm in Land O Lakes.

Edited by WankyMcTugger