The MT-07 Forum

Footrest and Handlebar re-positioned

bigtwin

Last week I decided that for longer trips (my backside) needed a different seating position. So I changed the bars for some old Kawa Z750 bars I had laying around the workshop. Same width....slightly lower and 2+ inches further away from the rider than standard. Very easy swap.
Then I cut ...carved...and drilled 1/4 inch Ali plate to create new secondary hangers. This moved the footrests back 30mm and up 5mm (Approx).
The difference is great. Now my thighs share the weight load and my head is lower. Because I travel with a rucksack there is always extra weight pressing on the seat other than just me solo.
Off to the UK next week (again) 1100+ kilometres....I'll let you know if by backside survives better than last time. Notice my hand made hugger extension....and tail water deflector on plus the number plate extension. Zero spray on my back...they are all QD too. Also extra chain guard fillet to prevent lube spray around the footrest hanger area. There is also a hidden rubber guard protecting the suspension/engine rear getting direct tyre spray.

DSC04166%20copy_zpsq9tauhbj.jpg

DSC04206_zpsefpt1bqk.jpg

Archived