The MT-07 Forum

Hyperlow exhaust

christenson9

Just got mine yesterday. Doesn't fit worth a damn and they forgot to tap the o2 sensor hole. I'm going to work on it again today and see if I can make it work.

• Premium Member

I have the L3XB. The only complaint is it seems like it doesn't slide fully together from the silencer to the pipe. It kinda bugs me....

Mine needed a little finesse to get the flanges to line up on the head, but everything else went together smoothly. I may see if a local bike fab shop can make a set of stainless runners for me, I'm not a fan of the painted finish on the piping.

Check out our Dobeck Performance Stage 1 kits in the supporting vendor section. We offer exhaust and fuel controller packages at great prices.
We take the guess work out of tuning. With the package deal, you receive a fuel solution with optimal settings right out of the box.

We also offer just the exhaust if you already have a fuel solution or are not interested in the fuel controller.

Let us know how we can help!

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

@christenson9,

To answer your initial question, what are the pros and cons of the Ixil exhaust.

These are lower priced exhausts so one pro is you can get into an aftermarket exhaust, improve the sound and look at minimal cost.

One thing we noticed as well as others on the forum is the exhausts may need a little finesse to fit properly. We have not heard of anyone not being able to get the exhaust on though.

Let me know if there is any other questions.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Love the looks of the twin outlets on the Hyperlow. When I get my FZ, this is the exhaust that I've got my eye on. One question tho. Are the slash cut end caps screwed or riveted on? Some of the pics on Ixil's website show them with the slash facing up and some pics show them facing down. Not a big deal one way or another, but I think they look better facing up.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Love the looks of the twin outlets on the Hyperlow. When I get my FZ, this is the exhaust that I've got my eye on. One question tho. Are the slash cut end caps screwed or riveted on? Some of the pics on Ixil's website show them with the slash facing up and some pics show them facing down. Not a big deal one way or another, but I think they look better facing up.
They are riveted 

Thanks for the response. I'll just have to work a little bit harder to flip them. :)

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Archived