The MT-07 Forum

Oem led lights off a new R1

Geteup

I was in my local dealer shop the other day oogling the new bikes and got to looking at the factory rear signals on a new R1. I have to say that i think they would look at home on the 7, oem yam so they should plug in and they're led to boot. I wonder why Yamaha couldnt use these to begin with, not the big orange pumpkins. Trying to find a good pic of them.....

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

• Premium Member

They do look good. Being LED, I would assume you would still need to swap out the relay or do something for the blink speed.

About 70 bucks each non-dealer prices (discounted).

2CR-83330-10-00
2CR-83340-10-00

But should be noted that the connector is very different from the FZ07/R3 or any of the low-end models, so you would have to do some stripping and/or rewiring.

Here is the diagram

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

They don't look significantly better than eBay LED lights, and I bet they are significantly more expensive.

The upside is that they must meet dot standards. Those eBay lights don't, which is why they are barely visible ;) they are expensive because they will be insanely high quality and visible from 500 feet at night(dot)

AKA they will outperform almost all LED turn signals, aside from the few big players.

About 70 bucks each non-dealer prices (discounted). 
2CR-83330-10-00
2CR-83340-10-00

But should be noted that the connector is very different from the FZ07/R3 or any of the low-end models, so you would have to do some stripping and/or rewiring.

Here is the diagram
Well dang. I assumed that Yamaha would have used the same connectors, it figures. That's not a deal breaker though, imo, what I am hoping to see is a few of them still attached to the fenders being switched out by new owners putting on the fender eliminators on ebay pretty soon and the price should be much better than buying new. The fact that they will probably have the wires cut is a non-issue, since I would have to cut them anyway. I am gonna keep an eye out for a set. :) 

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

They don't look significantly better than eBay LED lights, and I bet they are significantly more expensive.
The upside is that they must meet dot standards. Those eBay lights don't, which is why they are barely visible ;) they are expensive because they will be insanely high quality and visible from 500 feet at night(dot)

AKA they will outperform almost all LED turn signals, aside from the few big players.
This was my main thought, they will look good, be excellent quality and very visible. 

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

500 feet? Wow, I don't think I've ever needed someone 500 feet away to know I am turning before.

With the way people drive? The sooner the better!

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

500 feet? Wow, I don't think I've ever needed someone 500 feet away to know I am turning before.
I like that, that's funny but I'm sure you were being facetious, we all know your turn signals also double as your hazards.

Beemer

Only a little facetious.

The only time I generally even use my signals is when I'm near a cop, or when I have to slow down to make a tight turn into my parking garage at work and I want the car right behind me to know what I am about to do.

Only a little facetious. 
The only time I generally even use my signals is when I'm near a cop, or when I have to slow down to make a tight turn into my parking garage at work and I want the car right behind me to know what I am about to do.
8D 

Me like the idea very much 8-),little pricey but then again you could wait for someone to sell them on ebay :).Rewiring should be easy.

Fyi the current Super Tenere has those Leds as the front makers/turn signals in addition to having them in the rear. Ive been contemplating ordering the full set for the FZ. Looks way better then the stockers.

Ha, well, I wasn't going to break it down.....but..... ;)

I don't need to be see at 500 feet either. Light intensity diminishes with distance. So if a light is visible from 500 feet its going to be highly visible at 20, 50, and 100. So, if you want to make sure someone sees you up close, logic says you want to choose the one that is visible from the further distance.

Archived