The MT-07 Forum

Stock exhaust

merc16

You're getting bashed because you started it with "only young kids buy it to impress others" and "aftermarket junk".

My yoshimura is a finely crafted system, not junk.

If I had put a two brothers exhaust on it, you could call it junk.

J/k two brothers owners. It's ok.

• Premium Member
ralph gets it , dont know why im getting bashed telling it the way i see it? im really not looking for attention or trolling. when i ride i see loud bike and there usually young kids riding them. people in there 40 + dont really care for loud bikes and wear fluorescent gear thinking of safty not impressing anyone, except harley guys. i like to listen to music while im riding not a loud pipe. this is my opinion thats all.
You don't like loud pipes, but you like to listen to music while riding?  I like hearing traffic. If you are worried about safety... well, you do what you want.  

Why can't left turners see us?

• 3 years later...
On 9/7/2015 at 4:53 PM, NICKY NEON said:

ralph gets it , dont know why im getting bashed telling it the way i see it? im really not looking for attention or trolling. when i ride i see loud bike and there usually young kids riding them. people in there 40 + dont really care for loud bikes and wear fluorescent gear thinking of safty not impressing anyone, except harley guys. i like to listen to music while im riding not a loud pipe. this is my opinion thats all.

I am 45 and got my 2018 MT-07 2 weeks ago.  My Akrapovic Ti exhaust was sitting in my living room before I picked up my bike. Picked up bike on a Saturday and the Akrapovic Ti was installed on a Sunday.  Stock was way too quiet for me.  Less than one week after Akrapovic Ti was installed I also removed the db killer because with db killer it was still too quiet.  The Akrapovic Ti with no db killer sounds like a beast.  It's definitely loud for sure.

• Premium Member

Holy Necro-thread BatMan! 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
cornerslider
8 hours ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

I am 45 and got my 2018 MT-07 2 weeks ago.  My Akrapovic Ti exhaust was sitting in my living room before I picked up my bike. Picked up bike on a Saturday and the Akrapovic Ti was installed on a Sunday.  Stock was way too quiet for me.  Less than one week after Akrapovic Ti was installed I also removed the db killer because with db killer it was still too quiet.  The Akrapovic Ti with no db killer sounds like a beast.  It's definitely loud for sure.

I'm 50 years old, and have the same exhaust. I liked the exhaust sound with the baffle in. I pulled the baffle (just for grins 😬), and it was too loud for my tastes. I wanted something "in between".... I found a YouTube video about drilling a few 1/4" holes in the baffle tubes. I figured I'd give it a try. I'm VERY happy with the results!!! I can keep her quiet when I want to, but can really let her holler when I want as well 😎-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

2 hours ago, cornerslider said:

I'm 50 years old, and have the same exhaust. I liked the exhaust sound with the baffle in. I pulled the baffle (just for grins 😬), and it was too loud for my tastes. I wanted something "in between".... I found a YouTube video about drilling a few 1/4" holes in the baffle tubes. I figured I'd give it a try. I'm VERY happy with the results!!! I can keep her quiet when I want to, but can really let her holler when I want as well 😎-

I saw the video with the guy drilling holes.  The first day I ride it with the db killer out it was really loud.  I bought ear plugs right after.  Since then I've ridden it twice after and didn't use ear plugs and it seems ok now.  I love the deceleration pops on the exhaust.  Do you still get them with the baffle in + holes? Did you tune yours?

• Premium Member
cornerslider
24 minutes ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

I saw the video with the guy drilling holes.  The first day I ride it with the db killer out it was really loud.  I bought ear plugs right after.  Since then I've ridden it twice after and didn't use ear plugs and it seems ok now.  I love the deceleration pops on the exhaust.  Do you still get them with the baffle in + holes? Did you tune yours?

The "short answer" is yes.... I bought the Hordpower intake system. He gives you the PCV map via email with purchase of his intake. It requires you to tap into the gear sensor, and re-maps the fuel delivery depending on what gear you're in. If you go the PCV route, it lets you retain the "ECO mode", and cruises really nice @ highway speeds, and I still get about 60 mpg. That intake/map was the BEST $300 I've spent on my bike. I spoke to "Hord", and he said it will make about +1HP without the baffle in. I didn't notice a difference with my "Butt-dyno" 😜. The thing pulls harder than ever! I forgot I was wearing my bluetooth helmet, and my wife (riding her bike) heard me laughing inside my helmet on the first ride! 🤣-

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cornerslider said:

The "short answer" is yes.... I bought the Hordpower intake system. He gives you the PCV map via email with purchase of his intake. It requires you to tap into the gear sensor, and re-maps the fuel delivery depending on what gear you're in. If you go the PCV route, it lets you retain the "ECO mode", and cruises really nice @ highway speeds, and I still get about 60 mpg. That intake/map was the BEST $300 I've spent on my bike. I spoke to "Hord", and he said it will make about +1HP without the baffle in. I didn't notice a difference with my "Butt-dyno" 😜. The thing pulls harder than ever! I forgot I was wearing my bluetooth helmet, and my wife (riding her bike) heard me laughing inside my helmet on the first ride! 🤣-

I am not crazy about the +2 or -2 horses nor the mpg.  I don't ride enough that mpg is any of my concern.  Considering my car gets low 20s anything higher is a bonus.  LOL.  Do you still get deceleration pops with the tune?

• Premium Member
cornerslider
1 minute ago, eMpTy-Oh7 said:

I am not crazy about the +2 or -2 horses nor the mpg.  I don't ride enough that mpg is any of my concern.  Considering my car gets low 20s anything higher is a bonus.  LOL.  Do you still get deceleration pops with the tune?

No deceleration pops.... Not once, EVER-

• 1 month later...
eiffel6565

the number one reason i am considering an aftermarket exhaust is to be heard by four wheelers for my safety and theirs especially in traffic and if lane splitting is permitted in your country or state, I'm a reasonably responsible biker not looking for attention, just in it for the ride, therefore i''ll look for the least loud pipe with it's baffle in. 

• Global Moderator
11 hours ago, eiffel6565 said:

the number one reason i am considering an aftermarket exhaust is to be heard by four wheelers for my safety and theirs especially in traffic and if lane splitting is permitted in your country or state, I'm a reasonably responsible biker not looking for attention, just in it for the ride, therefore i''ll look for the least loud pipe with it's baffle in. 

I'll be honest

With all the tech in today's cars, doesn't matter if you had loudspeakers telling people you were there

They will still merge over 

Hell, there was a fire truck that tboned a truck the other day here in Phoenix because it pulled out in front of em 

If people don't merge/stop for a siren with flashing lights, what makes you think the extra 10-20 db from a silenced aftermarket exhaust will make the last bit of difference

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

bartman5impson
2 hours ago, sorkyah said:

I'll be honest

With all the tech in today's cars, doesn't matter if you had loudspeakers telling people you were there

Hell, there was a fire truck that tboned a truck the other day here in Phoenix because it pulled out in front of em 

If people don't merge/stop for a siren with flashing lights, what makes you think the extra 10-20 db from a silenced aftermarket exhaust will make the last bit of difference

A louder exhaust won't make EVERY car driver hear you, but the one time it does might be the time it saves your life. Obviously you shouldn't rely on the sound of your exhaust, and you should still ride defensively.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sorkyah said:

I'll be honest

10 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

A louder exhaust won't make EVERY car driver hear you, but the one time it does might be the time it saves your life. Obviously you shouldn't rely on the sound of your exhaust, and you should still ride defensively.

very solid points, i will take whatever i can to help keep me safe, that and maintaining your machine and developing my skills.

ride safe. 

Edited by eiffel6565
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sorkyah said:

I'll be honest

Sometimes they know you're there and come at you still. I actually had some lady to my right that was wanting to be where I was to make a left hand turn coming up. I'd already made eye contact with her and saw her look at me a couple times as though I was a problem for her and then proceed to slowly come right over the line and toward me, crowding me out. She purposely forced me out of that spot knowing I would move to avoid getting bumped into, the C*! She had every opportunity to let off her gas and fall in behind me but she chose to put my life at risk instead. I had to move to the furthest edge of the road and get on the brakes to make room for her. (truck in front, couldn't accelerate) I wanted to go after her and give her a piece of my mind but the stupid B* had a kid with her. She put that child's safety at risk also, the self centered B*. I decided I didn't want to scare the kid and she seemed the type she would try to run me over and claim I attacked her if I gave her any lip so I let it go. Never trust a cager or an a-hole in any vehicle, loud pipe or not. Stay frosty! (rant over!)

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
14 hours ago, sorkyah said:

I was in a situation where I was riding in the rich DC suburb of McLean. VA on a 35 mph four lane road. A Volvo SUV started merging in my lane with their windows up. It was the first time I seriously used my new Denali Mini-Soundbomb horn.... that Volvo instantly swerved back into their lane!

Noise matters, and as bartman5impson said:

11 hours ago, bartman5impson said:

but the one time it does might be the time it saves your life

I feel the same way about exhausts and bright colors as I do a horn. If these things will make a difference between being dead or worse yet, a quad for life....  what the he.ll, why wouldn't one use them???