The MT-07 Forum

Airhawk 2 does seem to help.

phyciocc

• Premium Member

Hello everyone:
Just came back from a ~ 2 1/2 drive. Stopped once, for gas and for...bottom frontal re-adjustments, shall we say. The stock seat has been the subject of a myriad of discussions but, in my case, I find it OK except for the fact that it shoves my...bottom frontal regions against the tank.

From a previous bike, I have a Medium Cruiser Air-hawk seat pad. It is a bit too big for the Fz-07 seat (some of you skinny guys may want to try the small cruiser version or the pillion one) but I did not want to spend more money so I put it on anyway. It seemed to help a bit on the back side (more comfortable against may tail bone) but the aforementioned problem remained.

Air-hawk always suggests to inflate the pad the minimum amount possible as that spreads the pressure points more uniformly (at least according to them). In the last few days, though, I took a closer look at the shape of the FZ-07 seat and of the pad and decided that perhaps I needed more air pressure. Today I tried it out and, in fact, the extra inflation made the seat pad raise a bit more again my ...bottom frontal regions and provided more cushioning. I have to say that this 100 miles ride was the comfiest to date for my bottom fr...oh heck, my balls have been on the FZ-07. Hopefully this will be useful to someone.
Marco

I am a crazy Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• 2 weeks later...

Last summer, after a few weeks of FZ07 ownership, i bought a Saddlemen gel pad. I used less than 5 times last year. The fz07's seat is the one that take the longer time to get accustom to, at least in my case. Last week, i went for a 3 days trip. For the last day, i did 684 km (425 miles). It's no V-Strom, i have to stop more often, 1 to 2 hour stretch at a time. The Saddlemen pad stays in the closet since, i guess, August 2014.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I've been using a Airhawk DS on my Fz-07 for about 8 months. The only issue I have my bottom going numb from the vibration after a few hours of riding. Of course around here I only have straight roads so I have to go 2-3 hours to get to any twisty roads.

Last summer, after a few weeks of FZ07 ownership, i bought a Saddlemen gel pad. I used less than 5 times last year. The fz07's seat is the one that take the longer time to get accustom to, at least in my case. Last week, i went for a 3 days trip. For the last day, i did 684 km (425 miles). It's no V-Strom, i have to stop more often, 1 to 2 hour stretch at a time. The Saddlemen pad stays in the closet since, i guess, August 2014.
Did you use the strap system or did you get the RAW Gel and install it inside your seat?

Beemer

Did you use the strap system or did you get the RAW Gel and install it inside your seat?
I bought the SaddleGel Comfort pad (Large). It comes with strap. link  The gutter hooks don't fit well with the shape of the FZ07 seat. But i have to say, even without the straps, the pad stays in place. Was it a good purchase? For me, obviously not. I can't tell if Airhawk pad are better. I tought about the gel insert, but didn't want to mess with the seat.  A bit lazy, i know. ::). Because, now, i'm ok with the original seat, the gel insert isn't something i would do. The first times i used the gel pad, i gain maybe around 30 minutes of fomcort compared to the stock seat.  It's not enough to justify the purchase, imho. It could be different for other riders.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived