The MT-07 Forum

Opinions on the radiator color?

hippiebikerchick

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Who likes/dislikes the aluminum colored radiator? I sort of wish it was black like on the 09 but it's growing on me. My biker friend said it gives it a "street-fighter" look.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Don't mind the color but I do mind that it very prone to damage. Those little fins bend easy. One swipe with a rag will leave a mark and have you restoring the look with a tooth pick.

• Premium Member

I am putting on the EP radiator guard so going black to match the bike I dont like the current colour at all think it stands out as not matching.

Quick comment its not the little fins getting bent that is my concern its taking a stone from traffic in front or off the front wheel and puncturing the radiator then your pooched. Hence practicval and pretty with new radiator guard!

I've painted mine black with heat resistant paint and must say it's a huge and cheap improvement for the looks but it's a lot of work.
When I mounted it back and went for a ride the temperature went really high and my first thought was f*** but at the end it was just an air bubble in the radiator that gave a false measurement. So don't panic if this happen :-)

• Global Moderator
I've painted mine black with heat resistant paint ....
Got a picture? I'd like to see a blacked out rad.   :)

Better pictures will follow when I make a thread of my bike, waiting for the exhaust and side sliders to finish him. Hate waiting on packages!!!

Damn i love that idea! The black radiator with the blue accents on the liquid graphite 07 would look sick!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Premium Member
I like the look of it. I do plan on adding a radiator guard to it.

I'll be doing the same. Don't really want to spend evenings with a toothpick realigning fins and digging out bugs.

Everything went braap.

They were awesome (I thought) since my Evotech rad cover showed up the day before I picked up my FZ. Perfect...Except it was for a Speed Triple. Seriously pissed--but I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves. Will report back on how good their customer service was and how long it'll take to get the right part. Stay tuned...

Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that no rocks end up flying into my rad in the meantime. Fins are pristine for the time being...

• Premium Member

LOL they have called me and sent me an email to refuse my package when it comes as they say it is the wrong one too! I'm assuming they are having a part number snaafu. As they called and emailed before I got it I will consider them still on the buy from list!

The one from Evotech Performance fit very snug and looks great.
They provide a strip of foam that you put on the top front and bottom front of the radiator to prevent rattling

photo%201.jpg

• Premium Member
The one from Evotech Performance fit very snug and looks great. They provide a strip of foam that you put on the top front and bottom front of the radiator to prevent rattling

photo%201.jpg

Jealous!!! Still waiting for mine to hid and protect that ugly grey rad!!!!

Archived