Sign in to follow this  
ianvan

how sturdy is the passenger seat/tiedown straps underneath?

ianvan
moreso how sturdy is the locking mechanism? I'm strapping a tent, bag and sleeping bag to the tiedown straps and never really noticed how loosely the passanger seatpad fits. should I be strapping around the whole tail section haha?

avanti
Pull off your passenger seat and take a close look at the underside and how it attaches. Then, you can decide; however, were I "hauling" much I'd be getting the mounts made for that purpose, either Yamaha's or aftermarket. Just my nickel's worth... All the best!

ianvan
wow you guys a litterally zero help hah. I have looked at it. but now would be a wise time to mention " no it seems safe but a lot of people have issues with it coming off!" or " havnt had any reports of the seat coming off yet" obviously I can see how it connects but who knows, I've only owned the bike for a short time

mjh937
I often use the stock tie downs for my gym bag. It works great for that. I do not think I would trust it for anything much heavier, but I might be a bit overly pessimistic.

cassecou
The seat is tight and is not going anywhere. If you decide to add something else on it and strap it with bungee cords to the frame, it has even less chances to fly away.

Simbadc650
There is suggestions, figure out what helps you.