The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Leo Vince Flash Available

2wheeldynoworks

Thanks to Nels and Pat for tuning my bike and creating a flash. I am so lucky these guys are in my backyard in Washington.

Professional, helpful and a great crew are just a few words to describe this company.

I'll be doing a full review of their services in another post this weekend.

Thanks again guys!

• Premium Member
Thanks to Nels and Pat for tuning my bike and creating a flash. I am so lucky these guys are in my backyard in Washington.  
Professional, helpful and a great crew are just a few words to describe this company.

I'll be doing a full review of their services in another post this weekend.

Thanks again guys!
I am glad they are in your backyard too! I plan on getting a Leo Vince exhaust and want to do the ECU Flash. Works out perfectly.

Have you done any intake mods, filter/snorkel/ect.?

The baffle was out. When I got the exhaust I pulled the baffle and put it on the shelf. Don't plan on using it ever. The sound without it is great.

• 3 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks
sorry for maybe stupid question, but what is ecu flash?... also by default this bike have 74hp.... what is the advantage? thanks
No such thing as a stupid question. ECU flashing is the next step in tuning motorcycles. Think of it as a software upgrade, we change the settings of the tune and upload them into the ecu. We're able to control everything the ecu controls and then some. Instead of using piggy back fuel and ignition controllers, we can tune straight from the ECU creating the optimal settings, changing things you can't with just piggy back controllers. We remove factory set restrictions and optimize everything to create the best tune we can for the bike. 

The 74hp claimed isn't rear wheel horsepower to the ground. Numbers can change but these do 66-68hp to the rear wheel. The curve of the dyno graph shows the improvement and the ride-ability that is so vastly increased but numbers don't show that. You can have a 300hp fz07 but if it's not tuned properly, is not able to be ridden. We create the most efficient engine calibration we can, which in turn creates a super smooth powerband, that really connects your right wrist to the rear tire. Smooth reliable power is what proper tuning creates. And that's what we do for a living :) 

Here's a quote from one of our other threads:

-----------------------------------------
From Nels at 2 Wheel Dynoworks

2 Wheel DynoWorks is proud to present our ecu flashing services for the FZ-07!

We've been doing some extensive R&D on the new FZ-07 and are happy to
provide brand new ECU Flashing services for this bike. We've found
some great improvements over stock and with aftermarket exhaust and
modifications.

When coupled with a flash, we've found that removing snorkel 
increases the midrange by 5% even stock pipe vs with the snorkel in.
We've also found that when couple with a flash, that if you remove the
snorkel plate, it increases the gains up to 7.5% through the midrange.

We found massive inconsistent timing curves from the factory, so we
went and individually by cylinder and gear smoothed timing, removed
the retards, smoothed the curves, and removed all of the limitations.

We've deactivated the injector decel cut which improves your off
throttle transitions.

We've lowered fan temps at to turn on at 205F, and off at 195F.

We found an extreme lean condition on bottom end stock, with an
extreme rich condition at the top end, so we created custom fuel
mapping on the manifold pressure map and throttle position sensor map.
This gained another 5% through the midrange and created a much
smoother cleaner running bike.

We currently have created full custom fuel maps for the M4 slip on cat
delete exhaust, Yoshimura full exhaust system, and Akrapovic Carbon
Fiber full exhaust system. With the baffle in, the Yoshimura makes
most power and runs better than with the baffle out. With the
Akrapovic system, baffle in/out maps are nearly the same, with small
3-4% fuel trims for baffle in. The differences are that with the
baffle in, you gain 1hp down at the bottom and lose it up top, while
with the baffle out, you lose 1hp down low but gain 1hp up top.

We have found that with a the factory fuel cut in the ecu, before the flash, the injector decel cut, actually powers down the fuel injectors and any fuel programmer connected, every time the bike sees high vacuum and then turns back on after a specific rpm and throttle position. If you already have an EJK fuel controller, it will stay on at all times and work substantially better after the flash.

With our ECU Flashing services you have unlimited upgrades available,
if you need to reflash for any changes you make all it costs is
shipping.

$319 is the cost for the FZ-07 ECU Flash with two day return
shipping with USPS.

FZ-07 Dyno charts coming soon.

Nels with 2Wheel DynoWorks
425-269-5332
2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I been waiting so Long to hear an ECU reflash is available...sending my ECU out whenbi get home from work in the morn... Can't wait...this will be better than Xmas...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2wheeldynoworks
I been waiting so Long to hear an ECU reflash is available...sending my ECU out whenbi get home from work in the morn... Can't wait...this will be better than Xmas...
Glad to hear it! Remember to shoot us an email with your details and put a note on your ecu identifying who it belongs to ;) We have a variety of ECU's showing up every day

• Premium Member

Ooooooooooo yea..... After riding all summer with the exhaust on a stock tune... I can already say it sounds totally differ...pulls like a freight train... Even at cruising speed the tone is much much deeper and throaty than before...the semi truck engine braking has been reduced to a small car slowing down when u left off gas...the bumped idle speed is much better for taking off...Will report back after I run thru a few tanks of gas...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2wheeldynoworks
Ooooooooooo yea..... After riding all summer with the exhaust on a stock tune... I can already say it sounds totally differ...pulls like a freight train... Even at cruising speed the tone is much much deeper and throaty than before...the semi truck engine braking has been reduced to a small car slowing down when u left off gas...the bumped idle speed is much better for taking off...Will report back after I run thru a few tanks of gas...
Can't wait to hear the full report

• Premium Member

I know its kinda of a repeat post but will not be able to give a " full report" 

Not many warm days left in Michigan... right off the bat as soon as the bike fired up after first turnover I knew the ECU was reflashed just by the sound at idle... now after riding on a stock tune all summer long I learned the limits and what the bike can do and its Lil fibs, etc... first 40 ft down my driveway i very quickly found out this bike is ALIVE!!!! My normal take off rotine outta my driveway left me spinning the back tire :D ...

Biggest changes I noticed in the first 100 miles

-wide open throttle shifts are butter smooth now, even normal shifts
-Semi truck engine braking is now reduced to like a small car slowing down
-The engine vibrations at cruise or under WOT are dramatically  reduced compared to stock ecu flash
-Bike pulls like a freight train from 3.5k to 8.5k rpms... 3rd and 4th gear...hehehehehe hehe :D
The raised idle speed is perfect for my take offs... makes it feel like the power is right there ready to go at first crack of throttle and faintest slip of clutch
-Exhaust tone is so unique you can forget it...have you heard this Lil motor sing??? Worthy of Grammy award...

Next yr I will compare mpg and 1/4 mile times and report any problems I find...

-the performance gains with a reflashed ECU should be mod [HASH]1 even if you run the stock pipes... best $320 you will ever spend on this bike...

• Premium Member

Small edit: since the engine braking is perfect now I forgot to mention the front end suspension dive is hardly noticeable now :D

• 2 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks
Small edit: since the engine braking is perfect now I forgot to mention the front end suspension dive is hardly noticeable now :D
crazy what things start to work properly once the engine is working well isn't it :)

I am very happy with the tune also. Haven't been able to ride as much as I would like with working so much, but I was able to get out on the bike today and it feels just so much better. The whole powerband feels solid and the power is just amazing. Can't wait to log more miles on it and really test out the powerband, open loop map and closed loop cruising. I'll write a better write up once I can get some more seat time.

Like NorCal said, I don't think you could find a better performance enhancement to make your bike run like it should for $320.

• Premium Member

Not to mention the award winning sound Leo Vince exhaust makes... :D

2wheeldynoworks
I am very happy with the tune also. Haven't been able to ride as much as I would like with working so much, but I was able to get out on the bike today and it feels just so much better. The whole powerband feels solid and the power is just amazing. Can't wait to log more miles on it and really test out the powerband, open loop map and closed loop cruising. I'll write a better write up once I can get some more seat time.

Like NorCal said, I don't think you could find a better performance enhancement to make your bike run like it should for $320.
Can't wait to hear it, glad you've enjoyed it so far though 

Not to mention the award winning sound Leo Vince exhaust makes... :D
thats definitely a bonus

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

This tune was based on a " cat less " and unbaffled system...

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

I did notice with the O2 sensor in the engine braking is more aggressive than no O2 sensor...

One question tho is with the stock air filter lid and the DNA air filter lid... will DNA air filter lid still work with the current leo vince tune?

booboobusfz07

Definitely digging the idea of this for mine.
Just how much does the sound change though? I love how my LV sounds. Aggressive all around with a kicka## bubble and crack on decel. I really don't want to lose that decel burble/crack

Archived