The MT-07 Forum

What tires did your FZ-07 come with?

Guru

• Global Moderator

As far as I can tell, the FZ-07 comes with two different brand of tires from the factory. I'd like to see which ones you have when you took delivery.
This is a inventory to see which tire your bike has when delivered, not a pissing contest which tire is better.  ;)

• Global Moderator

My tires are black. The fastest tire color (sorry Guru, couldn't resist). :) And they are Bridgestone's.

• Global Moderator

Don't forget to click on the poll. There are more Michelin's listed in the comments than there are votes.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Michelins.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest MXRider
My tires are black. The fastest tire color (sorry Guru, couldn't resist). :) And they are Bridgestone's.
I was waiting for someone to say "the kind that are round and made of rubber". Close enough.

• Global Moderator

I was giving Guru a hard time. I think we finally found something that we can agree on about the color.

Bridgestones.... Southern California... all the FZ-07s they had on hand at the demo rides were all michelins so I was pleasantly surprised when I got mine with the Blattleax.....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member

FL - Bridgestones

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

My Michelin's were great in the storm I got caught in yesterday morning on my way up to a cottage for the day! And further good news it got sunny out and I dried all my gear out while swimming and eating and having too much fun! :D

Bridgestone here as well. All the bikes received by my dealer came with them (production batch?)
If I remember correctly, they are quite comparable. Sport-touring, with Michelins having apparently an edge in the wet. With my skill set I am pretty sure I won't be testing their limits :)

Michelins thankfully
I HATE battleaxe tires
So this allows me to wait until next year to upgrade
Otherwise i would have replaced the bridgestones immediately

• Global Moderator

I was at the dealership yesterday and there was another red one (of course, I waited almost two months for mine and now they get another one the next week). Anyway mine has Bridgestone's and the one at the dealer had Michelins. They were the same color and came to the same area, so it looks like it is random as to which you get.

Archived