The MT-07 Forum

stock ride height for stand yamaha suspension.

hitman21988

ive been around friends who have had bikes and i have gone into dealers to search out bikes before i knew a lot about them(around 4 years of seeing this and so on) . I aint going to lie im a short guy...5'5... but what i have heard over the years is that bikes. example..  r6 on stock suspension has some level of ride height adjustment.. *claimer.... it is word of mouth...* 

[span][span]        so lets say this plays out for other brands and other motorcycle of the same brand is this true for the Fz-07?.. If so please inform me, to be honest i don't think it is true but a stupid question is one you never ask. Disclaimer, i'm not the best person for putting thoughts into writin words :/so if i haven't clarify something or miss out a detail in something ive try to communicate please let me know and i will try my best to explain it the best i know how.  Yes, i have already purchased the bike and it coming up to a week. I have sat down on a couple  of fz-09 and felt very comfortable as one could feel while not being flat floot, just trying to get clarification if this is normal for what i feel on a fz-7... 

P.s the fz-09 being almost .5 higher then the fz07.  just wondering if there any height adjustment left before i have to lower it... honestly i dont want to do a lower on it. [/span][/span]

The Fz-07 does not have an adjustable suspension. I haven't seen any lowering links for the rear suspension, but I haven't looked.

The front is easy to lower. You just slip the forks up into the triple an inch or so, but I wouldn't do that unless you lowered the rear equally. The bike would handle very twitchy if you didn't.

bmwpowere36m3

The stock FZ-07 suspension is basically non-adjustable... baring shock preload. You could potentially lower it by raising the forks in the front triple clamps and dialing the shock preload to its minimum. The later I doubt would work to reduce the height, much if any, and might end up being too soft. Basically you'd need to purchase longer dogbones/links (lowering links) for the rear or have the shock shortened internally (preferred) and raise the forks up front and/or have them shortened internally as well.

Best advice, go to a dealer and sit on a FZ-07 to get a feeling for the seat height. Flat-footing with both feet is overrated... I can barely do it with the FZ-07 (pegs get in the way) at 5'9" with ~30" inseam. I mostly stop and put only one foot down... maybe its the time I spent on a dirt bike that made me conformable riding something with a higher seat and or greater ground clearance (I could only tippy toe, with both feet).

Archived