The MT-07 Forum

Long distance riding

tw

Hello 07 Riders! I don't have a 07 yet but after looking at bikes most of the summer i Decided on 07 for my needs. I know that there is better bikes suited for for cross country trips but the 07 will do me just fine. Will pick up a new bike for the spring and hopefully pick up suggestions as to the mods that should be done for this type of riding. Toronto Canada to the west coast:)
Looking forward to reading the posts.

• Premium Member

To start off a windscreen for sure, cruise control, seat upgrade (seat concepts is pretty good), radiator guard, if you are doing some off road then a skid plate, hand guards (Kobra from SW motech), whatever luggage you are getting on and you are good to go.

I rode from Philly to Waterloo, it's too damn easy to look down and see yourself doing 20-30kph over listed limits

I have the Ermax shield for touring and the cortech 2.0 bags. The bags WILL touch your rear tire. I need to make a support bracket for them so they don't get even more ruined. I moved and had to leave my bike behind and haven't ridden it in 3 weeks :/

• Premium Member

Im very happy with my hepco and becker c-bow bags/mounts. They are great storage for my longer rides, and i slap on my ogio tail bag if more storage is needed. Also went with the fabbri genx windscreen

[attachment id=844" thumbnail="1][attachment id=845" thumbnail="1][attachment id=847" thumbnail="1][attachment id=846" thumbnail="1]

Archived