The MT-07 Forum

Black swingarm powder coat

mrcribbs

• Premium Member

Do you have the facility to powder-coat yourself or are you planning on taking parts somewhere to be done? If the former, there are places online to check for powders. If the latter, you need to see what the coater ha/can get. Most are pretty helpful. Just remember if you are taking parts to someone to have work done, be sure and mask anything (holes, threads, etc.) that you don't want coated because it is a real bear to get off later if you forget. A local coater says this happens more than one might think. All the best and show us what you are doing, when finished!!!

black powder?-rustoleum 2X black satin is almost a perfect match.
I prefer to have certain parts powder coated for durability.  

Do you have the facility to powder-coat yourself or are you planning on taking parts somewhere to be done? If the former, there are places online to check for powders. If the latter, you need to see what the coater ha/can get. Most are pretty helpful. Just remember if you are taking parts to someone to have work done, be sure and mask anything (holes, threads, etc.) that you don't want coated because it is a real bear to get off later if you forget. A local coater says this happens more than one might think. All the best and show us what you are doing, when finished!!!
I do my own as long as the pieces fit in the oven I have in the garage 

• Premium Member

Good for you! I suspect you will have to contact suppliers for color samples if you want a perfect match, since no one responding here seems to have already done this. But, do keep records and post what you find to help the next person, please!

You are powdercoating the entire thing, right, and all 3 pieces? Because there is just no powdercoating scratches or chips as far as I know.

If that being the case, just use matte black. Don't use satin. Satin is way too glossy compared to the oem black painted parts. Matte matches the best.

The few places I checked out, black was just black.  Like they had no different blacks other than the finish and texture.  Not sure if they just choose one type of black color and call it a day and throw out any other black color/tone choices, if so, then sorry I can't help you much there.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

You are powdercoating the entire thing, right, and all 3 pieces? Because there is just no powdercoating scratches or chips as far as I know. 
If that being the case, just use matte black. Don't use satin. Satin is way too glossy compared to the oem black painted parts. Matte matches the best.

The few places I checked out, black was just black.  Like they had no different blacks other than the finish and texture.  Not sure if they just choose one type of black color and call it a day and throw out any other black color/tone choices, if so, then sorry I can't help you much there.
I'm not coating any of those pieces. I'm looking for a match to them. 

Archived