The MT-07 Forum

(Review) Givi 30L Waterproof bag

djdiddles

• Premium Member

[attachment id=836" thumbnail="1]Wanting a bag that is waterproof, larger than a standard tailbag, and can expand to fit what you need? Well I have the perfect bag for you! Introducting the Givi 30L bag. Link to Revzilla.

[attachment id=833" thumbnail="1]

The bag is completely water proof when rolled up and locked with the clasp. At 30 Liters, it's on the smaller side of the travel bags, but I find it to be plenty big to fit my 1 man tent, my sleeping bag, and have enough room for some light clothing. For 65 bucks from revzilla, it's on the cheap side of luggage. The plus side is this: you aren't sacrificing quality with this bag. It has a very quality look and feel. With the included strap to make this a shoulder bag, it can be taken with you with ease. The best part: you can get two of these and stack them and you won't have to modify them to do so. 
[attachment id=834" thumbnail="1][attachment id=835" thumbnail="1]

Down side? I kind of wish there were more reflective strips on them. With it being a dark color, I would prefer an option to get a high visibility version. With the SW-Motech 35L being 93 bucks for a high visibility version, it's a bit of a premium for that high visibility.

All in all, for the price, size, functionality, and quality: this is a great option for anybody wanting a dry bag that will fit on the back of the FZ07. I would highly recommend it to anybody needing a bag to keep things dry on a road trip. If you're going on an extended ride, get two and stack them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Update on this bag. I just took a trip to the grand canyon and went through a few rain storms. Bag kept everything dry. 30L is plenty big enough for most of my gear and only my tent and stove were packed on the outside.

Archived