The MT-07 Forum

handle bar mount bent

fflier9

Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago I went down at about 30mph. I'm fine, and the only damage was a busted bar-end mirror and a bent handlebar. I replaced it with a Renthal Ultra low and am loving it. Much, much better than stock.
However, the angle of the bar/speedo and bracket is still slightly off. The wheel tracks perfectly with the triple and I'm almost 100% positive everything below the handlebar mount is straight. It's very, very slight, wouldn't even show up in pics so I didn't take any. But I find it extremely agitating knowing the geometry is still not perfect.
I cracked both bolts loose from underneath the triple and retightened them, thinking maybe the impact twisted it a little bit, but I think it's bent. A new one is around $50 and I think I'm just going to live with it unless someone thinks there's a chance of bending it back somehow?

bmwpowere36m3

You could try... but I wouldn't be surprised if the bar mount cracked in the process of bending the stud back.

Loosen everything up and start over... I'd be surprised if the bar mounts bent.

Any pics? What's out of whack, the bar itself and/or cluster? Which direction is it off in?

I introduced my fz to a curb via rookie cornering mistake. Realigned the forks and noticed that the handlebar mount was bent as well. Bars were straight, but if you take the mount off and flip it upsidedown on a flat surface you will get a wobble like an uneven table. Order up a new handle bar holder. 2wheelspro.com is where I got mine. Torqued the new one on to spec and everything is straight. Lesson learned

Archived