The MT-07 Forum

Insurance Prices

Guest brickst3r

What state are y'all located in? It seems like some states just cost more than others. I went and spoke to my agent and he said Texas, Florida and another state run about 30% higher than other states. I was quoted $60-$65 a month for the FZ 07.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What state are y'all located in? It seems like some states just cost more than others. I went and spoke to my agent and he said Texas, Florida and another state run about 30% higher than other states. I was quoted $60-$65 a month for the FZ 07.
Higher rates in States where the riding season is longer-more chances for a claim.

• Premium Member

I'm in FL and it the best rate was $444 a year.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator
Higher rates in States where the riding season is longer-more chances for a claim.

Except for Canada - Ontario, where insurance rates are crazy and and riding season is ridiculously short.  >:(
And the insurance companies are totally unclear what criteria they use. 

• Premium Member
Except for Canada - Ontario, where insurance rates are crazy and and riding season is ridiculously short.  >:( And the insurance companies are totally unclear wat criteria they use. 

Yeah, but free healthcare so........

Coming from my Honda Fury with a 1300cc motor, my ins went up $2/m for a whopping $36/m. I'm 35 with a clean record, I do have everything bundled with a State Farm so I'm sure that helps.

Guest MXRider

I've only checked with Geico so far. I'm 29 and haven't had a ticket since I was 19. They want $98 a month with $250 deductibles, $50,000/$100,000 coverages for injury, property, and uninsured coverages. Not terrible, but I'm confident I can find a better deal. I do have Geico covering my 4Runner and my YZ250, and combined I pay about $90 a month for those.

Out of curiosity I checked rates on a few other bikes, and I can get slightly cheaper insurance on a 14 Ducati Panigale 1199 R model, a $35,000 motorcycle with 180 hp. Sometimes I think the insurance rates are made by a guy throwing a dart at a board.

I have Foremost ... full coverage, 500 deductible ... 648 for full year. Next year should be 548.

The FZ07 should not be a port bike rate either .. maybe some of those companies have not classified
it right?

• Premium Member
The FZ07 should not be a port bike rate either .. maybe some of those companies have not classified it right?
The FZ07 is a naked sportbike though, it's just not a "supersport" like the R6 / R1.

Guest unknown

True, however, the general class of people buying it aren't "squids" like some of the supersport crowd. It is a much more refined, mature group IMO. Shopping around against the SV650, Duke 690, and Ninja 650, prices quoted to me were about 20-30 a month.

• Premium Member

I completely agree, those bikes are classed as sport too but they are also not brand new models. As someone said before, give it a year, prices will drop down.

• Global Moderator
True, however, the general class of people buying it aren't "squids" like some of the supersport crowd. It is a much more refined, mature group IMO...
You're right. I also noticed that the peeps on this forum are way more mature, helpful and relaxed compared to other boards.

Because I'm an early adapter, I had to explain to my broker what kind of bike it was and I prevented using the word 'Sport'. I insisted that she used 'Standard' as description. 

• Premium Member

Allstate tried to charge me 1300/year for my FZ07. I switched to State Farm and I now pay 700/year

• Premium Member

This is my first bike, I'm 44 with no incidents but no history either as I moved from UK 2 years ago and ran rentals for the first year.
My current car insurer (Allstate) quoted $1700, then Farmers quoted $1500. At that point I was thinking forget it.
Then I tried State Farm - $619. Result!!
All quotes for exactly the same coverage.

Lol I'm getting my bike in a few weeks and I'm 16 almost 17 in October living in Maryland. Yikes! I gotta do some serious looking... or just go with liability :/

EDIT: Dairyland in MD just gave me an amazing quote! As low at 246$ a year and that wasn't even the bare bones liability package! And the best part is full coverage maxed out is only around 1000$ a year, considering I'm 16 with no bike experience on a brand new FZ-07 that's pretty darn good. Thanks guys for telling me about em!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Just FYI, guys, I pulled reviews on Google for Dairyland, 23 reviews, 1 star, no one said anything good. I have Geico, charging WAY to much. Calling State Farm, will let you know what they say

State Farm charged me $34.00, I actually moved my truck over and bundled them, without the truck it was $67.00. The truck insurance is going to be $3.00 less per month than my Geico policy.

Uh oh, looks like Dairyland is out of the question, just read those horrible reviews myself. Looks like you really do get what you pay for...

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest MXRider

I've had geico since 2001 and they have been very helpful and easy to deal with the two times I needed to make a claim.

I've had geico since 2001 and they have been very helpful and easy to deal with the two times I needed to make a claim.
I had them for 20 years, MXRider, but at $1000.00/year vs. State Farm $400.00/year for the same coverage...hard to justify that....AND I LOVED GEICO

Guest MXRider

I had them for 20 years, MXRider, but at $1000.00/year vs. State Farm $400.00/year for the same coverage...hard to justify that....AND I LOVED GEICO

I hear you. I may be switching to them as well.

WA state, 36 year old, clean driving record, 100k / 300k / 100k, with $500 deductible is about $500 a year with liberty mutual. Side note, i also have 2 other cars insured through them as well as my house insurance.

Archived