The MT-07 Forum

Insurance Prices

Guest brickst3r

326$ per year with USAA because my wife and i have our cars, home, and bikes all rolled up under thier umbrella.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got quoted $768 for full coverage with all state. I have a perfect driving record and multi vehicle discount. So far that's the cheapest california price around.

$853 with Riders insurance in Maryland. 26 yrs old, male, 1 totalled bike claim in the last 3 yrs, no tickets. Full coverage and $750 deductible. Progressive wants $1400.

Progressive couldn't give me a quote because they said it was too knew. They couldn't even get info on it from the vin. I did have geico for about 3 weeks and I was paying 1200. Obviously waaaay too much seeing as I'm paying 768 now. Makes wanting to ride that much better.

Guest montana07

Wow, some of these quotes are crazy. I'm 28 year old male, with a clean record, here's what I was quoted.

State Farm

$25 per month
Bodily Injury - $25,000/$50,000
Property Damage - $25,000
Comprehensive - $500 deductible
Collision - $500 deductible

Note: It's worth calling a few State farm agents in your area, the first one I received a quote from was at $40 per month.

Geico for the same coverage was $95 per month.

Those liability limits look low to me, $25k/50k/25k.

Might be worth checking on bumping up to 100k/300k/100k?? May not cost much more and give you better coverage just in case.

Guest montana07

I'm sort of torn, I'm trying to keep my insurance as low as possible, and I just don't see a bike causing that much damage to others in the event of a crash. I'll check it out though, if the price difference is minimal it might be worth it.

Try using the model name : fz07fr .I got a low quote this way. ( model was listed on my title application.)
Peace

RRokay Raggie

TwistedTorque
I'm sort of torn, I'm trying to keep my insurance as low as possible, and I just don't see a bike causing that much damage to others in the event of a crash. I'll check it out though, if the price difference is minimal it might be worth it.
Liability might be one thing but no matter what insurance I'm buying, supplementary under-insured / Uninsured must be at a minimum 100k for me to consider purchasing it. I had a coworker's daughter crash into someone who did not have insurance and was bankrupt. Try suing someone who has no money when your medical bills are over 50k. Not fun.  :-X

• Premium Member

Got a quote from Progressive for my Honda Shadow and the FZ-07, $65 a month, full coverage, $500 collision / $100 comprehensive.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Got a quote from Progressive for my Honda Shadow and the FZ-07, $65 a month, full coverage, $500 collision / $100 comprehensive.
I think the higher deductible ($500 or $1000) definitely reduces the monthly payment, plus at least with Progressive , if you pay for the year in one shot you get a good discount.

RRokay Raggie

• Premium Member

The difference between $500 vs $100 deductible was $30 a year. I'm already with progressive for everything else and the shadow itself is only $97 a year. Going to be calling around Monday for some quotes and see if I can't do any better. 29 y/o with a clean record.

Guest unknown

Called all the big names and only state farm could get me under 50 bucks a month. Everyone else is about double that. I'm single, 32 with a clean record in VA btw.

Guest stockysnail

I checked out insurance from multiple agencies. At the same time in addition to the FZ-07, I also got identical quotes for the 2014 Zero S and 2012 Monster 696. The FZ-07 came out to be $78/mo, Zero S to about $48/mo and the Monster $42/mo. What is baffling to me is that the Zero S, which costs twice the FZ-07, has insurance for half as much. 2nd baffling item is the Monster costing half as much as well even though it's a used 2012 Monster that has a similar sized engine, and still costs more than a new FZ-07. Doesn't make sense!

Guest unknown

Unfortunately, a lot of us on here know this all too well.
Previous Insurance thread

You may want to shop around a bunch. I ended up going with State Farm since they take engine size into account more so than anything else at 45 bucks a month. The other guys had me around $90.

Guest unknown

I think so, hell, I hope so! I really think this bike should be down around 20-30 a month. (Assuming you have a clean record) I was quoted about 20 for a SV650 which is pretty comparable.

missourifz07

The FZ not having abs may play a role in this insurance equation as well as the lack of hard data. But then again, it's insurance and the crap never makes sense!!

• Premium Member

Got quoted $37 a month with state farm today! $25 cheaper a month than progressive.

• Premium Member

For only being 29, yeah it's pretty darn good. $444 a year, full coverage, $500 deductibles. I'll be switching my car insurance too which saves a dollar each month, lol.

Archived