The MT-07 Forum

Insurance Prices

Guest brickst3r

I added it to my policy on the Softail, so my premium only went up $7 a month (liability only). Was quoted close to $1800 for full coverage from Geico. Dairyland was $750/yr for full or $17/mo for liability only. Nevada is among the highest states for insurance, because they say at any given time almost half of the drivers on the road are uninsured.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

61 dollars a month with dairyland. Made the dealer find me cheap insurance before I bought because no one was giving me a deal. 21 yrs of age and new rider.

"I'm not reckless. I am incredibly skilled with a bit of flair."

Wow. Some of you guys have really good deals. /thumbsup

Here in VA, with multiple bikes, car and home, all covered by AllState, I am paying $401/yr for the FZ 07 with all clean record. This is full coverage with 1000 deductible. Clearly, I am doing something wrong :P I am 34, but not any wiser I guess.

How do I get policies like you guys for under 200/yr?

My quote from farmers was 560 for the year, full coverage and 500 deductible. Currently im paying 217 for the same coverage on my wr250x..works out to be 60 cents a day or 1.50 for the 07..I'm age 42..no accidents, in SoCal.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I checked around, I have an excessive speeding ticket and hands free ticket on my record. I got the best rate from AAA at $50.00 a month. That will drop once the tickets are gone. It helps if you take the safety corse and put multiple vehicles on your insurance too. Thinking about switching my truck insurance over to get multiple vehicle policy. Only thing is, I have to have a million dollar insurance on my little truck because I use it for work.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

I am in Richmond, ky (small town). I use State Farm (house and three cars). Good driving record (last speeding ticket was in the dark ages : 2000).
My quote (full coverage as per Bank request, with collision, personal injury, under insured drivers etc)came out to $ 195 every six months.
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Im 28, in Ohio. I have allstate for 4 cars and my home. They are charging me 72 per month. Getting ripped off! I have 1 speeding ticket on record. State farm quoted 41 per month for just bike insurace (no bundling). I will be switching.

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

I see alot of you guys are going with Dairyland ins. They have some pretty terrible reviews from lots of motorcyclist. I would be weary if I were you.

• Premium Member
I see alot of you guys are going with Dairyland ins. They have some pretty terrible reviews from lots of motorcyclist. I would be weary if I were you.

Heed this mans advice! Buy the best insurance you can afford or you just might pay dearly.

Everything went braap.

• 4 months later...

So I guess $350 or 29 a month is a steal ( progressive full coverage through my broker) price quote multi bike discount.

Well, I just quickly glanced through this but I think I may win. 11 bucks a month with a 100 dollar deduct for full coverage. I go through USAA which I get to have for being in the military. Any military members should look into USAA though! I have a super clean record, but am only 26.

I don't believe you, I have a perfect record insurance through USAA for twenty plus years and was quoted 43 a month. And that was with a 500 dollar deductible ! I'm guessing your coverage is minimal full coverage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
phicurious86

28, no accidents or tickets. Full coverage with State Farm in Phoenix, AZ @ $132 a month. Downside of living in a state with such a long riding season?

• Premium Member

58 in everything is expensive So. California. Clean record, multi vehicle policy, full coverage AAA $426 a year.

Liberty Mutual gave me the best deal by far...about 300/yr for full coverage - 500 deductible. Super clean record and born a long time ago

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

Well, I just quickly glanced through this but I think I may win. 11 bucks a month with a 100 dollar deduct for full coverage. I go through USAA which I get to have for being in the military. Any military members should look into USAA though! I have a super clean record, but am only 26.
I don't believe you, I have a perfect record insurance through USAA for twenty plus years and was quoted 43 a month. And that was with a 500 dollar deductible ! I'm guessing your coverage is minimal full coverage.

USAA doesn't even technically cover motorcycles. It's through Progressive and USAA underwrites the policy.

f2f58f25d759989079595a36edc6e3f9.jpg

I'm 30, married, clean record and I can say there is no possible way a motorcycle policy with full coverage is $11 a month. Progressive will not let you pay monthly of your premium if it is less than like $300 bucks.

b5cc0f3cbf1cfc82dd6238546968c4d0.jpg

This is my insurance quote If I dropped my Road King to liability only. Full coverage I'm paying $697 a year.

Just give one of them a call and get a quote over the phone, that's what I did. I called AAA and got insurance through Progressive. I'm 55, good record and liability was $280 a yr. Everyone's is different.

Beemer

• Premium Member
28, no accidents or tickets. Full coverage with State Farm in Phoenix, AZ @ $132 a month. Downside of living in a state with such a long riding season?
46, also clean record -- full cvg with State Farm in Glendale @ $47/month.  Yours is likely a downside of being young and not having an SUV, another bike, house and life insurance with them. 
But yeah, insurance is high in the valley in general, because of theft and the crushing number of morons on the streets.

Update on my coverage. 36 / Clean record, Safety course discount, 1 other car insured, homeowner insurance. Full coverage 100 / 300 / 100. I think the deductible is either 250 or 500. I'll post back when I get clarification on that. The Annual rate is $435 from Liberty Mutual. If you guys haven't checked them out, they are the best insurance company i have ever worked with. If you get your home owners / renters insurance through them you can get an additional personal electronics rider through them for like $15 / year, and it covers smart phones, computers (laptops or desktops), etc. and if you break them, they give you full retail replacement value, with a $50 deductible. My wife broke her phone, and we called it in, and 3 days later we had a check for $750 which was the best buy no contract / fully unlocked retail cost of the phone.

• Premium Member

Thanks to this Thread I shopped with State Farm and was able to get my insurance to go from $75 montlhly to $28!!..I previously checked progressive, geico, and all of the big companies but I had totally forgotten about State farm until someone mentioned here.. Thanks guys..oh btw I also saved on my car insurance!! heck yeah

• Premium Member

shoot, if you guys were close enough I would..lol..but I have to save that extra mula for my Vegas trip in less than a month

• 2 months later...

I'm paying a flippin' fortune for insurance from Progressive.  This is what my insurance agent first recommended, but I thought it was too high. I got a quote from Allstate, which was significantly lower.  Contacted my agent with the Allstate quote and asked, WTF?  She pointed out the coverage wasn't the same.  Sure enough, I went to Progressives site and played with the different coverages, and found I could basically match Allstate with the same numbers entered.

Insurance.jpg 

Wish I had checked State Farm. Guess I will Monday.

Basically, I just don't want to end up like this guy. He doesn't mention the amount of insurance he had, but it obviously wasn't enough.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• 2 weeks later...
yea progressive was double what I got from state farm. definitely call around. I think a lot has to do with how new the bike is and there isn't much info on it yet. But also age, location, experience, ticket violations all has to do with a lot of the prices. This is my first bike so no experience. I'm 29 so i'm not really a young rider and i have a clean driving record since i was 16.
Just talked to State Farm.   I'm switching to them today.  Progressive is charging me $102/month and State farm is charging me $27/month.  F*ck Progressive.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How are you all getting those prices? I'm getting quotes for 300-400 per month. Are you all just putting no coverage in the bike at all? What am I doing wrong?

Archived