The MT-07 Forum

Insurance Prices

Guest brickst3r

Guest brickst3r

Well i know there isn't much information out there yet, but i'm wondering what insurance will be like for the fz07. I've checked a few sites and there isn't a selection available for the 07 considering it's not out yet in most US areas. Please post if you were able to get a quote.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brickst3r

just got off the phone with geico and i was quoted $1800 a year :/ that's a lot for me, but i'm still shopping around. hope insurance isn't gonna stop me from my purchase.

Insurance companies are often way expensive on new bikes.

The very best deal I could find for my FZ-09 was thru Dairyland Insurance. They like bikers. I pay $40 per month for Full coverage with a $500 deductable. Gieco, Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and Progressive were all at least double that amount, or even much higher.

Try Dairyland if they are available in your state. State approved motorcycle safety courses also can get you a discount and I take the experienced course here every spring to keep my skills up to date.

Guest brickst3r

I actually spoke to progressive and they're pretty high as well. About $1300 a year. My yamaha dealer that I spoke to recommended me to State Farm and I actually got $63 a month for full coverage. So about $750 which I'm happy with. But I'll see if fairyland is available in CA. Thanks for the tip.

Guest brickst3r

I'm a new rider so I'm not expecting it to get any cheaper. I tried dairyland and I got $2800 a year :/ so I'm guessing they're out. How many years experience do you have cruzin and anyone else here trying to get quotes. I basically coming from no experience except a MSF course. I do plan to take the course again for the hell of it before I go out riding. My dealer has 3 graphite coming in next week so hopefully I'll have it soon.

• Global Moderator

I was quoted $254/year by State Farm for full coverage with a $500 deductible. I am 49 with a clean driving record, so that probably helped.

I'm 33 clean driving record. $43 a month full coverage, $500 deductible through state farm. Insurance always expensive here.

Guest brickst3r

I'm guessing because I live in CA i suffer higher prices since we get to ride pretty much all year round.

Guest brickst3r

Haha yea lane splitting is pretty dangerous here. I see too many accidents, but it does seem a little weird to have to sit behind a car when all that space is there for you to go. I see vloggers on youtube and a lot of them can't lane split.

yeah i just bought mine yesterday and for insurance i was quoted 70 a month. i am 27 and i have an excessive speeding ticket on my record… =( oh to be young…

Checked with Progressive, and they want more to insure the FZ07 than my '14 FJR1300 that has a msrp of more than double the 07.
Definitely going to check around b4 I'll commit to buying.

Guest brickst3r

yea progressive was double what I got from state farm. definitely call around. I think a lot has to do with how new the bike is and there isn't much info on it yet. But also age, location, experience, ticket violations all has to do with a lot of the prices. This is my first bike so no experience. I'm 29 so i'm not really a young rider and i have a clean driving record since i was 16.

Im 24 with clean driving record. I was quoted $4062/yr. by Dairyland, $2922/yr. by Progressive and $1034/yr. by Foremost! I really hope insurance prices aren't going to stop my purchase today of a Pearl White FZ-07. Is there any other insurance companies that might have a better rate?

Guest brickst3r

AAA, usaa, geico. Check with your auto insurance and try to add the bike on. Usually that will get you better rates to bundle together.

Geico quoted me $2600. I am 27 with a clean driving record. I also called State Farm... and they quoted me $33 a month for full coverage. I ended up changing my auto policy, and I got motorcycle coverage with State Farm. I saved $150 every six months by changing... That's a Moto payment!!!!

Just got a quote today for full coverage through Progressive. It was for $558/year. I am 35 and have 1 speeding ticket in the last 3 years. It was for state minimum in Ohio.

missourifz07

Sounds like progressive and State Farm are the best. Heck, I sell insurance and couldnt even get a quote due to the system not having the fz07 listed. I quoted myself with dairyland and was shocked they were not the most competitive. It was ridiculous, as previously stated, of over $2000 per year. Definitely shop and you may be able to save enough money by switching current auto or home policies like fast eddy did and find an easy way to work that new bike into your budget!! I think in time dairyland will get a better premium for the 07 but you can stack up some serious discounts with them especially with multiple bikes.

Got a quote from my Farmer's insurance agent today. I currently have home and 2 cars with them. Quote last week from Progressive was $558/ year and Farmers came in at $431/year. Full coverage and a $500 deductible. Plus, with the bundle I get 5% off my current auto policies.

Guest brickst3r

I have not heard of rider. Is it only in certain areas? Try State Farm, seems a few people are getting good quotes with them. Or try to bundle with your car if you have one.

A lot of people in NJ recommend Rider, it seems a quality company. I've never dealt with them as they're not in NY.

In looking at Rider's site, only available in a few States so far.

""Rider currently provides motorcycle insurance in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and Michigan. Rider Insurance continues to grow and will soon offer motorcycle insurance in more states.

Contact me when you are in my state""

Archived