The MT-07 Forum

General motorcycle questions

maz20

Here is the video I found awhile back on youtube

skip to 3:20 for track test.I now there is another video but can't find it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally went down a tooth in the front, and I feel that the acceleration is definitely improved. Though I shift more often now, it feels a lot easier now -- the gears are closer together, so rpm is not impacted as much by upshifts/downshifts. Starting from complete stop, I can upshift through the gears faster too (it feels more familiar to me -- not sure if it's a better or worse riding style/preference)

One of the dealers in my city is also recommending I go +2 in the rear sprocket as well

gregjet, neither of the JT distributors in Aus bring in the 15T 525 front. Personally I'm looking to lower the revs at 100kph in 6th, so may go to a 41T rear. Link International bring in a 45T and a 46T 525 rear if you want to make her rev harder for a given speed...

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted a 15 for particular rides as they are quick and easy to change. Overall I want to go +1 front and -2 rear. That would give me higher gearing for cruising and a slightly longer wheel base on the same chain. I haven't decided exactly what I want yet but it is looking like going to 520 when I can afford it as more quality stuff available.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I went the opposite route (-1 front / +2 rear), this now feels like a pretty funny bike! It's got insane torque in 1st gear now, and it feels like there is a gear for every kind of situation (except freeway cruising :( :( but that's what happens with these kinds of sprocket changes...)

I really like where first gear is now, but it would be nice if I could "trade in" my 2nd gear for something bigger than my new 6th!

That's what I do for tight tracks. It gets rid of the big jump usual on road bikes between 1st and second if you only have to use it for starting.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived