The MT-07 Forum

SoCal Intro

llubers

Hey Hey kids. I'm called Luke, Spanking new to the forum. I've been riding for about 7 Years, had a slew of vintage bikes. Current rides are a 83 XS650 and a 02 Sporty 883/1200R. I recently moved to Los Angeles from Philly. My Harley is kind of like a riding a log flume while splitting lanes and zipping around town.. I've been eyeballing either the 07/09 FZ's - Figured I'd check out the forum and see whats up.. Any pointers/advice or encouragement to make the jump to my first EFI bike would be appreciated. 

Welcome to the forum. Funny, I just tried out my brother in laws new fz-09 this past weekend in Angeles Crest hway and I can definitely say, that bike is a beast. It also felt like a bigger bike than my fz-07. I'm 5'7 and I feel that the fz-07 fit me perfectly. As far as power is concerned, the fz-09 has it in spades and oohh, the sound that it makes. That triple engine sure has an intoxicating note to it. The fz-07 is no slouch though but power band is down low... you can flog it in almost any gear at any rpm and the torque is just there anytime. Anyway, hope this gives you an idea of the 2 but it would be best to try both out and see for yourself how you fit/like each one.... Cheers!

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

Thanks asaulo1! yeah, its that noticeable huh? have you ridden any other naked bikes? I've also heard really good things about the KTM690's

Archived