The MT-07 Forum

Akra ti vs carbon vs yosh carbon

niko86

Has anyone had a chance to hear all of these in person by chance. I really love the throatiness I'm hearing on YouTube from the ti with the baffle out and was curious if the akra or yoshi carbon even come close.

I'm trying to figure out which exhaust I want to purchase. The only issue is I'm worried the ti with the baffle out will be too loud. I live in an apartment complex and leave for work at 10 at night, I don't want to piss off all the neighbors. But I do want that throaty tone from whatever exhaust I end up with.

• Premium Member

I love the Akra Carbon but it's a bit pricey for my taste, so I'm looking at a Termignoni instead. Sounds almost exactly the same but a little cheaper.

My bike came with a full akra titanium when I bought it, and it doesn't seem particularly loud. Although, it's running the baffle, which I haven't felt compelled to remove since I hate loud pipes anyways. It's still a pretty throaty sounding exhaust even baffled though.

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

I love the Akra Carbon but it's a bit pricey for my taste, so I'm looking at a Termignoni instead. Sounds almost exactly the same but a little cheaper.

Everything I'm seeing online for pricing for this pipe puts it at least $200 over the akra carbon. This pipe is going for close to a grand on ebay.

Off topic, but i prefer my sc project, especially when i roll up to bike meets and everyone thinks im riding a ducati cause of how it sounds lok

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Originally (pre bike purchase) I was dead set on the sc project! But then it was the Akra carbon that caught my eye....and finally the Termi. I don't think you can go wrong, there are so many good options for our bikes.

I like the look of the akra ti the best of all of the available exhausts for the FZ-07 but I couldn't justify the cost. I ended up with the yoshimura and it sounds great with the baffle out. It sounded a bit raspy with the baffle in. At first when I had the baffle out I thought it was too loud but after I got used to it I love it.

Guest frank20

I'm looking into the Leo Vince. It's got a nice underbody design which I love. And sound wise I think it's one of the best and most unique.

Just get the bike flashed better then ejk and you leave the sensor in no battling between your computer and the piggyback.

I have an Akra carbon with baffle in and it sounds throaty and almost identical to the TI pipe. When accellerating hard, to me it sounds like a Harley on steroids & crack and the Harley guys always snap their heads to turn to see wutinhell just pulled up. The carbon definitely has some bark.

Beemer

Hello,

I will use this post for the same kind of question, I still can't decide. I will go to the garage on saturday to book my exhaust and I have the choice between Akra carbon and titanium or arrow exhaust. For your idea, what should I choose ?

Thanks.

Pick the one that looks the best to you with a price that you agree with. That's pretty much the bottom line.

As far as sound and performance goes, they all sound similar (with slight tone differences) and will get you nearly the same performance.

The Akra Titanium WITH the baffle in will be the quietest after-market exhaust you can buy because it has a cat converter and the baffle/db killer is quite effective. But once you remove it, it will sound comparable to any other after market exhaust.

So the choice is yours. Pick based on looks and price. But I will say one thing if your bike will be out in the sun all day long, then maybe don't get carbon since the sun will eventually deteriorate the carbon fiber over time.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

@dewey,

I would say the Akra Carbon has one of the best sounds. Like @Beemer said earlier, "it sounds like a Harley on steroids & crack"; this is an accurate statement.
Our test bike owner, Paul, chose this exhaust and when he brought it back in for more testing, it sounded like a big V-twin cruiser pulling up.

The Akra Ti is probably the mildest sounding exhaust (with the baffle in).

The SC Project sounded great as @mericc said in his post.

The Arrow puts out the best power of all exhausts and sounds real throaty. Very comparable to the sound of the Akra Carbon.

Let me know what you decide on. Dobeck can get just the exhaust or put it in a package deal with the EJK fuel controller.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Just get the bike flashed better then ejk and you leave the sensor in no battling between your computer and the piggyback.
@batscat, 
To clarify, we do not battle the O2 sensor when it is disconnected and we can leave it in the exhaust. Just disconnect it and zip tie it out of the way. If the O2 sensor is left connected, the bike simply runs at EPA emissions regulations only under low rpm and steady cruise. Under heavy load or full throttle, we have full control over the fueling.

The reflash is disabling the O2 sensor which is why the O2 sensor can be left intact. Reflashing the ECU also automatically voids your warranty which I think would be important on a brand new bike. Our piggy back solution can be removed and the bike returns to stock. Since this is a brand new model from Yamaha, any reflashed bike is no longer covered under warranty. Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for more info.

With the EJK you also can adjust your tune up on the fly and make changes to bring back fuel economy, and dial the bike in for your riding style.
To do this with a reflash, the ECU needs to be removed and sent in for another reflash. Then you hope that the new tune will be what you are hoping for, otherwise you send it back for another try.

In the end, both are simply changing the fuel amounts. I guess the fan comes on at a lower temp with the reflash, but I haven't heard of any overheating issues on this bike as of yet.

@dewey, 
I would say the Akra Carbon has one of the best sounds. Like @beemer said earlier, "it sounds like a Harley on steroids & crack"; this is an accurate statement.
Our test bike owner, Paul, chose this exhaust and when he brought it back in for more testing, it sounded like a big V-twin cruiser pulling up.

The Akra Ti is probably the mildest sounding exhaust (with the baffle in).

The SC Project sounded great as @mericc said in his post.

The Arrow puts out the best power of all exhausts and sounds real throaty. Very comparable to the sound of the Akra Carbon.

Let me know what you decide on. Dobeck can get just the exhaust or put it in a package deal with the EJK fuel controller.

-TuningHQ
@tuninghq,

Thanks, for the answer. I already chose and booked my Akra carbon. Will receive the bike next week and go directly to the install the exhaust. Now the question is, do I remove the baffle or not ? I live in thailand so the sound is not really a problem (not like europe or US) and even if police stop me, 200THB will solve the problem :P

The question is more for my ear (I plan to go to work with the bike so it is about 80km) so is it possible to remove and put back the baffle easily (can't find a video on youtube) or is it the same way as the titanium ?

@dewey,

I know everyone likes to pull the baffle out to make it louder, but this exhaust sounds great even with the baffle in.

Not on this exhaust specifically, but when baffles are removed, back pressure is reduced which can reduce your low end torque.

I believe it is a single screw to pull out the baffle, so it should not be too difficult.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-TuningHQ

@dewey, 
I know everyone likes to pull the baffle out to make it louder, but this exhaust sounds great even with the baffle in.

Not on this exhaust specifically, but when baffles are removed, back pressure is reduced which can reduce your low end torque.

I believe it is a single screw to pull out the baffle, so it should not be too difficult.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-TuningHQ
Thanks for the answer ! 

Archived