The MT-07 Forum

Racer and rider from Socal

zombiphone

'Sup people!

Just sold an SV650 and repaced it with an FZ-07 two weeks ago and figured I should hunt down a forum for all my Yamaha wrenching needs, so here I am.

As for who I am, I live in Los Angeles, and I've been riding for about 6 years, doing trackdays for 5, and racing for 3. I race a ninja 250 with CVMA and AFM in California with the occasional one off round with other organizations (because I have a problem), and I bought the fz intending to NOT put it on the track and build it into a psuedo adventure/touring bike, since I'm not tall enough for a real one :P

I think that sums up the important stuff. So yeah, looking forward to picking the collective brains of the fz community to make this bike into the best moto-camping street fighter ever!

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Welcome aboard! Sounds to me like some street/trail tires, a tall windscreen, bags and some hand guards would be in order for starters. Show us some before and after pics some time. I'm interested in seeing what that would look like.

Beemer

So far I've ordered a touring screen, looking at some engine guards, and I'm still looking into what kind of hard cases to use for storage. Hand guards sound like a good call, too. I've got some soft Ogio saddlebags that I used on my SV, but they barely fit on the tail of the FZ, haha

All my modding in the past has been geared toward go-fast performance, so I feel like I'm starting from square one on tailoring a bike. It's gonna be a fun transformation! I'll put up a build thread once I start getting the parts in and hopefully I can make something cool :D

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

So far I've ordered a touring screen, looking at some engine guards, and I'm still looking into what kind of hard cases to use for storage. Hand guards sound like a good call, too. I've got some soft Ogio saddlebags that I used on my SV, but they barely fit on the tail of the FZ, haha 
All my modding in the past has been geared toward go-fast performance, so I feel like I'm starting from square one on tailoring a bike. It's gonna be a fun transformation! I'll put up a build thread once I start getting the parts in and hopefully I can make something cool :D

Got any videos of you racing on your 250? I have been getting more and more track time on my 300 and want to see some fast riding on small bikes!

Oh and welcome to the fz07 forums!

Got any videos of you racing on your 250? I have been getting more and more track time on my 300 and want to see some fast riding on small bikes!  
Oh and welcome to the fz07 forums!
I don't have anything even sort of recent unfortunately, since I learned shortly after buying my gopro that it can't handle operating in socal desert heat <_< But I've got some pictures! 
10418852_10205064529350998_6415407143780929495_n.jpg?oh=8b8d33a93208d1e893feded1278a273b&oe=56704935
1618410_10203814825669187_6297520876995084811_n.jpg?oh=2903b3edffaddc7685d6c19d0ef295d0&oe=563B0A69

I'm not super fast anyways, but that 300 is a great platform for some affordable racing! If you've got clubs around you, I highly recommend trying it out! We have pretty big grids out here at least (usually ranging from 15-30 people on any given weekend) so it ends up being a lot of fun for every range of skill 

Finally another los Angeles rider! Welcome! I'm in Hollywood, if you ever wanna ride lemme know!
Awesome! For sure! Most my riding friends these days are track only, so I haven't really had people to ride with since getting a street bike again. But I see the FZs all over, so I figured there had to be SOMEONE around here from my neck of the woods.  
I'm in Redondo Beach, so I'm not too far. Although, I'm not much of a canyon rider anymore, but I'm always down for some exploring whenever there's a free weekend or afternoon :D

@zombiphone there's gotta be more. People are buying these left and and right.

And that's not too far, nice! And Im the same about canyon riding. If you know of any cool places to explore that'd be awesome! One of the few I found recently was legg lake

• Global Moderator

Finally another los Angeles rider! Welcome! I'm in Hollywood, if you ever wanna ride lemme know!
Awesome! For sure! Most my riding friends these days are track only, so I haven't really had people to ride with since getting a street bike again. But I see the FZs all over, so I figured there had to be SOMEONE around here from my neck of the woods.  
I'm in Redondo Beach, so I'm not too far. Although, I'm not much of a canyon rider anymore, but I'm always down for some exploring whenever there's a free weekend or afternoon :D

welcome dude...
i grew up down the road in manhattan beach...
Unfortunately i now live in phx, but still venture out that way occasionally. maybe next weekend im out there we can do an LA meetup of some sort

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Maybe I'll see you around LA! I'm the one with the white bike and the red rear wheel.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived