The MT-07 Forum

New member from Upstate NY

Guest frank20

Guest frank20

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to be joining this forum.  My name is Frank, and I'm from Albany, NY.  I have been lurking on this forum in anticipation for my new fz07.  I am currently riding a 2008 Yamaha wr250x.  It's my first bike, which I love, but I've found myself quickly outgrowing it.  It is currently up for sale, and as soon as it sells I plan to put that money towards a new 2016 fz07.  I am actually waiting for my local dealer to get the new all black color way in stock.  They tell me it should be late September/Early October so that will buy me some time to try and sell my wr250x.

I plan to ride it as much as possible before the end of the season.  Then during the winter months I plan to make several upgrades to it.  Including the obvious fender eliminator, integrated taillight, front LED signals, LED headlight. Also, CRG Arrow Mirrors,  Yamaha Seat Cowl, Yamaha belly pan, radiator cover.  Some of the bigger mods I am planning are Leo Vince Exhaust, Fuel controller, Powdercoating wheels gold, and handlebar swap.  Right now i'm debating If I want to run the Driven Carbon Handlebar and leave the stock pegs or go with the Woodcraft clip ons or Suburban Machinery M1 bars with Gilles Tooling Rearsets.  I have been reading up on other threads about these options but If anyone has any insight that may be helpful by all means feel free to share.    

I look forward to learning more and look forward to sharing my build with you all once I have the bike.

Frank 

UPSTATE NY YEAH! not to many of us. hope you sell your bike the 07 is a blast to ride, your going to love it.

im in the middle near utica

Hey Frank, I'm just up the road in Malta NY. Also just got an FZ-07 and loving it! I've had it a week and changed it from red to Graphite, removed the rear pegs, blue rim stripes and painted the intake screens blue. I have a Givi windscreen on the way and plan to send the forks to Traxxion by the end of the week for AK-20 cartridges. Next will be a shock. Not sure which one yet. After that an Akro exhaust and programmer. Fun bike!

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2016 BMW R1200RS
2014 Honda CTX700
2014 Honda Grom Black
2014 Honda Grom Red
2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra
2011 Husaberg FE390

virginiadave

Welcome! Albany, huh? I'm from Troy, but living in the DC area now. My dad still lives in Averill Park, and lots of family and friends still in Troy. I'm in the same boat as you, currently searching for an FZ-07. I haven't been able to find a 15 model in my area, so I'm waiting for the 2016 model to hit. In the meantime, I still have a GSXR-750 to keep me happy. Welcome to the board, and good luck finding your bike! Hope you get it in September, cuz once winter hits up there, you're screwed until April, lol.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @frank20, great to have you here. You are going to love the FZ. It's the perfect upgrade. I also came from an WR250X and never looked back.

• 7 months later...

Archived