The MT-07 Forum

New Rider in Alberta Canada! In need of guidance/supervision

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

I probably dont need to tell everyone here how fantastically fun this bike is, and just how much I love this ride! Even though it's my very first bike and I really don't have anything else to compare it to, I couldn't be happier. I just threw a load of cash at the dealer, and there it was...sitting there in my parkade, teasing me with it's lascivious gaze and sexy curves, knowing full bloody well I have yet to get my full license and can only ride when my friend is available for a cruise. It also knows I can't open up the throttle but can only gently caress the engine's power due to its agonizing "break-in" period. It's the epitome of the word "tease". Can't wait to mush it's face into the pillow.

I have but one question....How does one abstain from throwing exhorbitant amounts of riches at this lovely classy alluring beast at every turn? Be it on high-end gear, or on the very best cleaing and maintenance supplies, or ridiculously priced, mostly superfluous mods? How, please...how?

This bike is like some horribly irresistable 2nd girlfriend on the side; it just needs more hand bag, or one more new dress, or simply one more pair of shoes....just ONE, more, pair, of damn shoes..............

Regards,
Weak.

Ride safe!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Mr.Puss. Since you're putting it in these terms, sorry, if you want to play, you gotta pay.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey mr.Puss, great to have you here.  flag-canada-10.gif

Like HBC says, resistance in futile. Just comply and buy.  

Yes yes, you want to know the secret to everyone's dilemma!
The answer you seek will be available to you upon viewing those minus symbols in your bank statement, but all you need to do is take the FZ out on a ride and your troubles will blow away in the wind!.....or at least that's how I justify it $$$.....welcome and good luck to you!

Hahahahaha. Do you write for a living?

Yes this thing is fantastic and always makes you crave to put that one more extra thing to make it more fabulous. The only antidote I know to these cravings is to take it out for spin as much as possible and enjoy riding her.

I already threw a lot of money on it. I am going to enjoy her before she get more goodies :D.

Hm...where in Alberta are you? I have a riding buddy with an 09 but have yet to meet anyone with an 07 that wasn't just waving to me going the other way. There aren't too many of us in this part of the globe ;)

• Premium Member

We are indeed a rare breed up in Alberta. I'm pretty sure he is from Edmonton if I'm not mistaken. Where the Oilers run rich with losses and we like to build 100 bridges all at once for the convenience of drivers. Yup things are done right in Edmonton.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Prioritize: Maintenance/protection items first (Chain lube and cleaning supplies, Radiator guard, sliders, etc) then go for the $1000 exhaust you have been dying to buy.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

This is a favourable development...I also call Edmonton home. PM me sometime and maybe we can plan a ride. Afterwards we can wax eloquent about how awesome this bike is ????

High-end gear, the very best cleaning and maintenance supplies, ridiculously priced mostly superfluous mods...

One does not abstain from these things.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Archived