The MT-07 Forum

EBC front brake rotor alert!

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

After 4 track days the OEM rotors are toast.  I decided to purchase a set of the EBC Vee rotors.....apparently I bought the first set because they don't fit.  The 5 bolt pattern is correct but the rotor diameter on a FZ-07 is 282mm....and these are 298mm.  So if you are thinking of purchasing a set hold off till they correct the problem, I will let the forum know when this is accomplished.

• Premium Member

So what happened, they warped from the thermodynamics or were just ground down to nothing?

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
After 4 track days the OEM rotors are toast.  I decided to purchase a set of the EBC Vee rotors.....apparently I bought the first set because they don't fit.  The 5 bolt pattern is correct but the rotor diameter on a FZ-07 is 282mm....and these are 298mm.  So if you are thinking of purchasing a set hold off till they correct the problem, I will let the forum know when this is accomplished.
i ordered a set a few months ago ,sent them back and let them know they didn't fit-their rep said they would not sell them as FZ07 fitment anymore-they were selling as FZ09/07 fitment-i can't believe they haven't handled this yet. 

do you have the bolt pattern? I just looked thru the 2015 EBC catalogue and indeed it's still mis-marked. And now the blasted thing is Flash, not PDF. Is there any dish to the rotor carrier? I can probably find the right one in an older catalog assuming it's not something oddball - wouldn't be surprised, it's Yamaha we're talking...

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

someone in EBC Germany didn't get the memo: www.ebc-brakes.de/downloads/EBC_Katalog_Motorrad.pdf

Still doesn't have any of the dimensions like they used to publish.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

scordiaboy515
i ordered a set a few months ago ,sent them back and let them know they didn't fit-their rep said they would not sell them as FZ07 fitment anymore-they were selling as FZ09/07 fitment-i can't believe they haven't handled this yet.
  Damn, that is hard to believe.....I always had a lot of respect for EBC as a company. 

scordiaboy515
So what happened, they warped from the thermodynamics or were just ground down to nothing?
   Going into turn 1 and turn 7 at VIR N is some very hard braking....with the EBC HH pads the rotors developed hot spots between the holes, so they did warp, not to worry......this will prolly never happen street riding your 07 

scordiaboy515
do you have the bolt pattern? I just looked thru the 2015 EBC catalogue and indeed it's still mis-marked. And now the blasted thing is Flash, not PDF. Is there any dish to the rotor carrier? I can probably find the right one in an older catalog assuming it's not something oddball - wouldn't be surprised, it's Yamaha we're talking...
    Do not have the bolt pattern, 282mm is the O.D.  no dish 

• Premium Member

Your using the HH @scordiaboy515?

I'm using the EBC EPFA's and haven't any issue yet. Maybe I need to step up my braking, lol.

some creative lookups later, the FZ09 shares parts application with the 04-08 FZ6, 09-11 XJ6, and 06-11 MT03. That of course doesn't help FZ07 owners. But I dug up the bolt circle = 150mm. ID=132, Hole diameter = 8.5mm, braking surface 32.3mm and thickness 5mm. OD is 298 or 300mm.

Guess what, there isn't an aftermarket part for the FZ07! There are a dozen Yamaha bikes that use rotors with all the correct dimensions EXCEPT for hole count. They all have 6 holes, not 5. Some *(&FLIJEWRF(*^#$ engineer deliberately did NOT look in his own company's parts bin and created a one-off configuration that NOBODY in the world uses.

I'm sitting here, just dumbfounded. 

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Time to do a R6 front end swap. I honestly have no clue if it will even work but there's got to be better aftermarket support for that front end.

Front-end swaps are complicated. Unfortunately the solution to this is change out the wheel with one that uses 6 holes. Or design a carrier ring. The EBC rotors come apart pretty trivially so it' not that hard. Or finally a caliper relocation bracket so you can run the FZ09's 300mm disks. The last is the absolutely cheapest and easiest solution aside from just buying multiple sets of OEM rotors.

I would love to give the engineer and his manager a good tongue lashing for being just plain stupid. "Baka yaroh!!"

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

update-hard racing has some wave rotors from braking,an italian co.-they have the 282 mm od.they are 567.00.i have used their rotors,comparable to galfer better than ebc.

• 6 months later...

Archived