The MT-07 Forum

Trip to Deals Gap

bmx2damax

I stay at the iron horse lodge everytime I go. I'll be back down there sometime around last week of September or first week of October

• Premium Member

Thank you @07rider95. I'll look that up. The delima I'm currently trying to figure out is Ninja 300 or FZ? Multiple bike problems. When I watch youtube videos it tells me Ninja 300 but cruising comfort is on the FZ

Do you plan to ride from California to Deals gap or Transport the Motorcyle? I too have plans to visit there from California.

Planning a trip to Deals Gap right now from Cali. I want a chance to experience one of the most talked about places to ride and have always wanted to go for a long time. Thinking about heading there the first week in September. Plan on staying approx 3 days. @cassecou I'd like to hear about where you stayed and if it was nice and comfortable. I'd like to make this a great experience.
I stayed in Country Inn. VERY NICE for the $70 night price (worth a lot more). Would go back there in a heart bit. https://ssl.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?hotelId=195512&tab=description&rffrid=eml.hcom.US.430.00.2015.08.05.src00.00.00.0000.0000.00.0000&intlid=Body_HotelName_H839.012.003_H2122.005.003

Do you plan to ride from California to Deals gap or Transport the Motorcyle? I too have plans to visit there from California.
You are very courageous if you ride your bike all the way from California. Better tow the bike to Knoxville. 

Thank you @07rider95. I'll look that up. The delima I'm currently trying to figure out is Ninja 300 or FZ? Multiple bike problems. When I watch youtube videos it tells me Ninja 300 but cruising comfort is on the FZ
You will be better off with the FZ. The FZ is more comfortable for long trips than the Ninja.

• Premium Member

I plan on renting a U-Haul trailer and transporting it. This will allow me to carry all my gear and clothes with me in my car

I plan on renting a U-Haul trailer and transporting it. This will allow me to carry all my gear and clothes with me in my car
Good deal. If everything goes according to plan, when would you expect arriving to Knoxville? 

• Premium Member

@Cassecou I'm starting to have a change of plans now. I may end staying in California and ride up to Nor Cal and ride HWY 36 off HWY 101 and head east to Redbluff off HWY 5. Then Head north on HWY 5 and take HWY 299 west in Redding. Why on the way west I'll take 3 south back towards HWY 36 and continue back west before heading back south on the HWY 101. Follow that on a map and that really looks awesome. Here is a link with pics of HWY 36 with reviews.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

@cassecou I'm starting to have a change of plans now. I may end staying in California and ride up to Nor Cal and ride HWY 36 off HWY 101 and head east to Redbluff off HWY 5. Then Head north on HWY 5 and take HWY 299 west in Redding. Why on the way west I'll take 3 south back towards HWY 36 and continue back west before heading back south on the HWY 101. Follow that on a map and that really looks awesome. Here is a link with pics of HWY 36 with reviews. 
Super. Bring back some pictures and a video if you can ;) 

• 2 years later...
On 8/21/2015 at 9:41 PM, fz07fanboy said:

@Cassecou I'm starting to have a change of plans now. I may end staying in California and ride up to Nor Cal and ride HWY 36 off HWY 101 and head east to Redbluff off HWY 5. Then Head north on HWY 5 and take HWY 299 west in Redding. Why on the way west I'll take 3 south back towards HWY 36 and continue back west before heading back south on the HWY 101. Follow that on a map and that really looks awesome. Here is a link with pics of HWY 36 with reviews.

Just found and revived this when browsing around the board...

If you've still not made the trip to the Gap, you can fly into Knoxville and rent a bike.. Much easier than towing one cross country!

Archived